Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerhut - blowing up my spam filter

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Fingerhut - blowing up my spam filter

Some way or another, Fingerhut got my email address (ive never shopped there before).  They have sent me pre-qualified offers and they send me almost daily emails.  Kind of ridiculous.  I wish AMEX would send me emails of offers or Chase or maybe even Citi.  /sigh

One day I'll have better trash in my trash bin!

(EDIT: Just check - AMEX still hasnt done an updated account review.  Last SP was 10/18 with the review on 10/27.  They said they do a review every month.  I hate being eligible for 61xCLI request but having to sit on it until they update their AR info.)

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Pworld
Regular Contributor

Re: Fingerhut - blowing up my spam filter

They have been blowing up my physical mail box. I see a full mailbox, get happy. Hope its some new magazines, some CC apps, and no. Its Fingerhuts big a** catalog!! Serious question, who orders from those huge catalogs? I havent seen those since at my grandparents house in the late 80s/early 90s (i used to love the jcpenny and sears christmas catalog btw)

Current EQ:809 EX: 808 TU:809

Amex Platinum/ NPSL | Amex Zync/NPSL | Amex Green/NPSL | AMEX BCP/18.1k | Chase Freedom/2.2K | Discover IT/10.9K | Amex HHonors Surpass/9K | Chase Hyatt/5k | Sapphire Preferred/13K | Ink Business Preferred/13K
Message 2 of 8
djrez4
Established Contributor

The more important question, and the one to which I've yet to find an answer, is: What the heck is a Fingerhut?

Message 3 of 8
distantarray
Established Contributor

@djrez4 wrote:

The more important question, and the one to which I've yet to find an answer, is: What the heck is a Fingerhut?

a website that pretty much approves anyone for their online store card that over charges on everything, basically it's a way into rebuilding credit for a lot of people who don't have the credit score to even get a secured credit card =\  still leaps and bounds better than first premier or credit one imo.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 4 of 8
djrez4
Established Contributor

I'm familiar with the entity.  I'm questioning their choice of name.

Message 5 of 8
distantarray
Established Contributor

finger bite pizzas? who knows

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 6 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Duncanrr wrote:

Some way or another, Fingerhut got my email address (ive never shopped there before).  They have sent me pre-qualified offers and they send me almost daily emails.  Kind of ridiculous.  I wish AMEX would send me emails of offers or Chase or maybe even Citi.  /sigh

One day I'll have better trash in my trash bin!

(EDIT: Just check - AMEX still hasnt done an updated account review.  Last SP was 10/18 with the review on 10/27.  They said they do a review every month.  I hate being eligible for 61xCLI request but having to sit on it until they update their AR info.)

Glad to know I am not alone! Fingerhut....what a horrible name! Smiley LOL

Message 7 of 8
snowkitty
Established Contributor

Mine too.....they have been sending me a ton of preapproval emails and catalogs in the mail. I have a bill me later account which is web bank and I think fingerhut is run by them too so I'm thinking that's why they are after me...lol
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.