Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerhut card/ growing limits

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fingerhut card/ growing limits

My husband decided to get a Fingerhut card in order to have a higher utilization.  What is the best way to get this card to grow?  We are trying to get our credit score up higher and could use some advice on how to get the credit limits to grow and get the max score increase possible in hopes of getting a mortgage in a year.

This is what we have in cards right now.  We do not plan to get anymore cards just hoping the ones he has now will be good enough.  We also have 2 car loans, one $6000 owed opened 2011, one new last month $19,000 both through Capital One.  Many negatives in the past due to health issues but everything is now current.

Capital One MC--opened 2010 balance $700, limit $750 (this one I am working on paying off, has lower interest than others will be making $200 payment next month).

Capital One Platinum-- opened last month $1000 limit, $200 balance (getting paid off before due date).

Walmart--opened last month $300 limit, $107 balance (getting paid off next week).

Fingerhut-- opened 2 days limit $1000, $30 balance. 

Any help would be appreciated, I have asked similar before but we now have all the cards we will be getting. If I need to I can wait on paying off some of then and make a few payments first if needed.   I also have 2 small store cards with 0 balances and $250 limits each that I can add him as a user if needed.  Thank you!!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fingerhut card/ growing limits

They grow automatically if you use the card, not sure if it's 3 or 6 months, but highest I've seen around here is 4-5k.  Average 2-3k.  Those were after more time though.  Focus on the Walmart card, if it's syncb you can do online chat CLI or call credit solutions and get very high limits quickly and easily depending on score. Also if you are applying for mortgage this year, don't apply for anymore cards or do anything that will generate more hard pulls.  Syncb CLI are soft pull.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fingerhut card/ growing limits

Thank you for the advice.  Do you think I should add him on my 2 store cards?  They are newer and I only used them once each before I paid them off so no CLI yet.  I have bad credit because of large student loan payments so I will not be included on the mortgage application. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.