Did you mean: 

Fingerhut "Temporary" CLI questions

tag
Chris679
Established Contributor

Re: Fingerhut "Temporary" CLI questions

@core wrote:

@Cuppeerr wrote:
Okay guys thanks for the input. I was just thinking that he extra $100 on my limit would lower my utilization in the long run.

Taking the money you would have spent on an unwanted Fingerhut purchase and instead paying it towards your credit cards would also lower your utilization.

Put this in the Hall of Fame of Best Advice

Message 11 of 17
juggar
Contributor

Ah FingerHut, my friend has them and they gave him a temp $200 increase last year to 600 from 400. 

Since he was at the limit on all of his other cards it actually made his score go up a tad. 

He didnt not buy anything and they did take away the increase after like 2 months I think. It actually made his score drop a few points. 

IF you can find something super cheap that isnt terribly priced I think it would be worth it for a $200 increase but not a $100 increase. 

Amex Green, Chase Freedom(7.5K), Nationwide Visa Signature(6K), Chase Sapphire Preferred(6k), Cap One VentureOne visa signature (5K) BoA Cash Rewards siggy (5K), BoA travel rewards visa siggy(5K) PayPal Extras Mastercard(5K), Capital One QuickSilver(2.25K) Newegg Preferred Account(2K), Citi Forward(3.4K), Dell Account(2K) Discover IT(2.4K), Chase Slate (1.5K) Citi Diamond Preferred ($800), BestBuy Mastercard ($1500),Bill-Me-Later(1.2K), ,Barclay Mastercard(2K). TigerDirect TigerPay(3.15K), Wal-mart credit card(3.9K), Amazon store card (2K)

equifax - 720, TU - 747, Exp - 734 - report date 11/24/2014
15+ inqs...
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chris679 wrote:

@core wrote:

@Cuppeerr wrote:
Okay guys thanks for the input. I was just thinking that he extra $100 on my limit would lower my utilization in the long run.

Taking the money you would have spent on an unwanted Fingerhut purchase and instead paying it towards your credit cards would also lower your utilization.

I thought the best advice was "Don't apply if you don't need it"

@juggar wrote:

Ah FingerHut, my friend has them and they gave him a temp $200 increase last year to 600 from 400. 

Since he was at the limit on all of his other cards it actually made his score go up a tad. 

He didnt not buy anything and they did take away the increase after like 2 months I think. It actually made his score drop a few points. 

IF you can find something super cheap that isnt terribly priced I think it would be worth it for a $200 increase but not a $100 increase. 

Do they sell gum?

Message 13 of 17
juggar
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Chris679 wrote:

@core wrote:

@Cuppeerr wrote:

@juggar wrote:

Do they sell gum?

Haha, I dont think so. I did flip through one of their magazines he got in the mail the otherday. All the iPads cost at least $100 more than MSRP. 

I didnt really see any cheap stuff. But I did see a PS3 bundle for $349 or something crazy like that around this time last year. I thought man, these guys are seriously price gouging these poor folks. 

Amex Green, Chase Freedom(7.5K), Nationwide Visa Signature(6K), Chase Sapphire Preferred(6k), Cap One VentureOne visa signature (5K) BoA Cash Rewards siggy (5K), BoA travel rewards visa siggy(5K) PayPal Extras Mastercard(5K), Capital One QuickSilver(2.25K) Newegg Preferred Account(2K), Citi Forward(3.4K), Dell Account(2K) Discover IT(2.4K), Chase Slate (1.5K) Citi Diamond Preferred ($800), BestBuy Mastercard ($1500),Bill-Me-Later(1.2K), ,Barclay Mastercard(2K). TigerDirect TigerPay(3.15K), Wal-mart credit card(3.9K), Amazon store card (2K)

equifax - 720, TU - 747, Exp - 734 - report date 11/24/2014
15+ inqs...
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@juggar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Chris679 wrote:

@core wrote:

@Cuppeerr wrote:

@juggar wrote:

Do they sell gum?

Haha, I dont think so. I did flip through one of their magazines he got in the mail the otherday. All the iPads cost at least $100 more than MSRP. 

I didnt really see any cheap stuff. But I did see a PS3 bundle for $349 or something crazy like that around this time last year. I thought man, these guys are seriously price gouging these poor folks. 

Yikes. At least it's not a PS2. Smiley Tongue

Message 15 of 17
core
Valued Contributor

I see they sell the "Barbie APPtastic Cash Register" for the low price of $45.  Toy credit cards included.  Get the children started off on the right foot early so they too can find themselves in the same predicament one day.  Fingerhut has it figured out.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@core wrote:

I see they sell the "Barbie APPtastic Cash Register" for the low price of $45.  Toy credit cards included.  Get the children started off on the right foot early so they too can find themselves in the same predicament one day.  Fingerhut has it figured out.

Not sure whether to laugh or scold for not being supportive... Smiley Indifferent

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.