Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firestone CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Firestone CC

I have a friend who is going to put new tires on this weekend and he is wondering about the Firestone CC offered by the store. Does anyone have Firestone CC experience?

Let me know the good the bad and the ugly so I can pass the info along.

Thanks in advance!  

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Scamp
Valued Contributor

Re: Firestone CC

A search on "Firestone" turned up these results.  Should find some good info in there, somewhere, while waiting for additional input from other members.

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Scamp
Valued Contributor

A search on "Firestone" turned up these results.  Should find some good info in there, somewhere, while waiting for additional input from other members.

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 2 of 6
score_building
Senior Contributor

not familiar with the card per se but sounds like it could be backed by a 'finance' company which is to be avoided since it can ding score.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scamp wrote:

I will tell him to avoid that card at all costs!   Any card that does not report the CL in this day and age is not worth it. Bummer for him they have the best deal on the tires (almost 100 bucks cheaper than Discount Tire where I bought mine).
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

While they don't report a CL, they will report your high balance. This will be used in replace of CL when figuring util.

So, if carrying a balance, it may appear that he is maxed out on it, but if going to use it and PIF, it would show 0% util.

Example, spouse has a Firestone card, only used it once for $98. High balance now shows $98, balance is $0. So util is $0/98.

If we were to charge say $500, then immediately pay down 50%, then util would be $250/$500.

The only thing I don't like about it is instead of just going to the store and swiping the card and getting approval/denial, the store has to call up Firestone and state the amount of purchase and Firestone approves/denies. 

Not that big of a deal, but would be much easier to just swipe the card.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

As it turns out, my fierstone card that I have had for a few years now reports a CL to EQ but not the other 2.  I can live with that since I get a 5% dicount every time I use it as well as 90 days same as cash.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.