Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firestone (CFNA)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Firestone (CFNA)

So I took the plunge while getting an oil change and if I didn't get approved the oil change would've only cost me $10 so I figured why not? I wasn't approved so I paid the $10 and left. That was two days ago. So I check my mail today and theres a firestone credit card for me. I registered it online to see the credit limit and it said zero. So I called the number on the back and the cs rep said my limit was $900. Any one have this card and any comments on it? Also how cli friendly is CFNA?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Firestone (CFNA)

@Anonymous wrote:

So I took the plunge while getting an oil change and if I didn't get approved the oil change would've only cost me $10 so I figured why not? I wasn't approved so I paid the $10 and left. That was two days ago. So I check my mail today and theres a firestone credit card for me. I registered it online to see the credit limit and it said zero. So I called the number on the back and the cs rep said my limit was $900. Any one have this card and any comments on it? Also how cli friendly is CFNA?

Firestone is awesome!! Every 6 months they manually review your file and they usually auto-CLI. From the looks of your current cards I would kick back and relax on the apps, get some good history  on your current accounts and CLI's will come!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I plan on going into the garden for AWHILE hoping to finance a car late next year and kick my "college commuter" to the curb

Message 3 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I plan on going into the garden for AWHILE hoping to finance a car late next year and kick my "college commuter" to the curb

Good Plan!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 10
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I took the plunge while getting an oil change and if I didn't get approved the oil change would've only cost me $10 so I figured why not? I wasn't approved so I paid the $10 and left. That was two days ago. So I check my mail today and theres a Firestone credit card for me. I registered it online to see the credit limit and it said zero. So I called the number on the back and the cs rep said my limit was $900. Any one have this card and any comments on it? Also how cli friendly is CFNA?

Note that with the Firestone CC you have to activate it in the store with ID. Once it's activated the CL and tradeline will report to all 3 CRAs within a few days and your CL will show up on your credit report. I don't know if you actually have to charge something - I'd assume so - but you have to physically take the card and yourself to a Firestone store.

Nice thing about a Firestone card is they give you discount coupons (online) for standard stuff like oil changes AND they offer 0% financing (6 months same as cash) on invoices over $249.

Like most auto service places (Jiffy Lube comes to mind), pay attention because they like to talk up the services & repairs needed. Such as their $99.95 brake job will probably come in around $300 if you just give them the green light - YMMV of course.

Message 5 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Also, you may want to check your credit reports and make sure the firestone account is reporting your credit limit, they have been known to report but not report the limit.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 10
SocalMark
Regular Contributor

I had to go to my local Firestone to activate my card..Also it doesn't report my limit on Experian but does on EQ & Trans

Message 7 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@SocalMark wrote:

I had to go to my local Firestone to activate my card.

Thats normal for a 1st purchase, after that, you don't even need your card your already in their system!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 10
namvet
Established Contributor

Got my card in the mail and activated it online.  The tradeline including the limit was reported to all 3 bureaus within a week (Texas).  Didn't like theHP on EQ.  I expected the HP on TU.  I've used Firestone for many years but never had their card.  Never a problem with their service.

Message 9 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@namvet wrote:

Got my card in the mail and activated it online.  The tradeline including the limit was reported to all 3 bureaus within a week (Texas).  Didn't like theHP on EQ.  I expected the HP on TU.  I've used Firestone for many years but never had their card.  Never a problem with their service.

I like them myself, however I am considering taking my vehicle to a different location. I don't like the level I get where im currently taking my vehicle.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.