Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firestone CFNA

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Firestone CFNA

There's a "Review Credit" link on the account which is likely for a CLI request but does anyone with this card know if it's a HP or SP?

https://www.cfna.com/web/personalservices/personal-services

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Firestone CFNA

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

There's a "Review Credit" link on the account which is likely for a CLI request but does anyone with this card know if it's a HP or SP?

HP from what I hear. If you call in they can review via SP however. Ours is $2,200.

Message 2 of 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

HP from what I hear. If you call in they can review via SP however. Ours is $2,200.

Call in it is. Thanks Nixon

Message 3 of 11
Erusidhion
Frequent Contributor

CFNA/Ford pulled Transunion for me in Florida when I first got the card. But it looks like 'Request Credit Limit Review' is a soft pull. I don't see a HP from hitting the button on my TU/EQ and not sure of EX but myFICO would've alerted me if they had pulled that for a limit increase. I think you're good to go. They'll probably soft pull whoever they initially HP'd for you when you opened the card.

I started with a $1600 limit and they increased it to $2200 after hitting the button. My local Ford advertises up to a $3000 credit limit so I am curious if that is their max. Maybe I will give them a call tomorrow to see if they have a max.

There was another thread about this card on here asking the same thing and I posted in it the limit increase I got. I actually just got an oil change today since I haven't used it in awhile. It won't report if you're carrying a 0 balance I believe. Just keep that in mind because if you get an increase you should go get an oil change or something so it reports the higher credit limit.

EQ 654 -- 43 Inquiries
TU 695 -- 54 Inquiries
EX 668 -- 50 Inquiries

Utilization: 9% AAoA: 20 months Total History: 3Y
Updated: 08/04/2017 Premier 3B
Message 4 of 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

I bought one new tire today to replace a bad one.

I haven't used this card at all since approval.

And it was approved about 1 year ago at $1600 current limit.

Message 5 of 11
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@Erusidhion wrote:

CFNA/Ford pulled Transunion for me in Florida when I first got the card. But it looks like 'Request Credit Limit Review' is a soft pull. I don't see a HP from hitting the button on my TU/EQ and not sure of EX but myFICO would've alerted me if they had pulled that for a limit increase. I think you're good to go. They'll probably soft pull whoever they initially HP'd for you when you opened the card.

I started with a $1600 limit and they increased it to $2200 after hitting the button. My local Ford advertises up to a $3000 credit limit so I am curious if that is there max. Maybe I will give them a call tomorrow to see if they have a max.

There was another thread about this card on here asking the same thing and I posted in it the limit increase I got. I actually just got an oil change today since I haven't used it in awhile. It won't report if you're carrying a 0 balance I believe. Just keep that in mind because if you get an increase you should go get an oil change or something so it reports the higher credit limit.

My Firestone CFNA version reports every month - balance or not.

Message 6 of 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

I didn't expect it to and it hasn't at all of course but it will when this balance reports.

Message 7 of 11
shane1978
Contributor

I called recently and they said I had their maximum limit already, $2,600

Message 8 of 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@shane1978 wrote:

I called recently and they said I had their maximum limit already, $2,600

At Firestone Store rates that limit is easily not near enough to comfortably cover larger services than just an oil change if needed.

They also pulled TU on first approval.

Message 9 of 11
shane1978
Contributor

I believe they raised their max limit to $3,000.  I received an auto CLI back in August to that amount.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.