cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firestone..One mistake, two mistake more?

tag
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Firestone..One mistake, two mistake more?

The one card I really regret was apping for Firestone.  Not even sure why I did it.  Was buying tires and they offered discount and 0% for using card.   Next thing I know, I was apping for card.  Got 1.8k approval which they said was high approval amount.  Arrgghhh.  Even worse they pulled every credit report as I found out later.  Double arrghh with three new hard inquiries.  Even worse they stopped giving the online cli approvals after using card. In any case, this morning realized need service on car.  Was thinking about using Firestone card.  Called them to see if still active.  Asked about cli.  Was told it was soft pull.  Sure I said.  Great cli to 2.2k.  I hope I didn't make another mistake and it turns out to be hard pull for cli.  Will find out soon.  So sad, my smallest cl and took 3 inquiries for it and hopefully not another for cli.  Btw, nice thing on card is all purchases over 249 get some 0% interest period.  It is not just on initial purchase.  Too bad for me as pif.  Arrrggghhh

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: Firestone..One mistake, two mistake more?

I dunno.  I really like that 0% for six months deal and have used it several times.  Smiley Happy

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 2 of 7
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

I dunno.  I really like that 0% for six months deal and have used it several times.  Smiley Happy

do you remember if cli are soft?

Message 3 of 7
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Yes, both of mine were soft...but there was only one inquiry when I opened the account, so maybe things have changed??

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 4 of 7
Jlu
Established Contributor

Arrrghhhh

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 5 of 7
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Hope it's a sp. That's not a bad CL for a store card.  It seems thatFirestone is one some have gotten  when rebuilding, do they may be more of a sub-prime - hence the triple pull. That would sting me, too! Since you already have the card, you may as well take advantage of discounts and  financing offers. I was considering it for a whole, but held off because my AAOA was low already. 

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 6 of 7
Crashem
Valued Contributor

They are the nearest garage to my house and so easy to get to.  I just wish I had resisted the app in the first place.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.