Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firestone???

tag
tri3nity
Contributor

Firestone???

Does any one know which cbr firestone pulls?

Starting Score: 1/2011 TU 539 EQ 481
Current Score: 2/2011 TU 542 EQ 489 EX 505
Goal Score: 620+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

Re: Firestone???

Transunion here in NY.  They are pretty easy to get, but they do not report CL.
*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 2 of 11
tri3nity
Contributor

What do they report?

Message 3 of 11
Mythic850
Contributor

@tri3nity wrote:
What do they report?

They report high credit which then substitutes as the credit limit when calculating util.

They are also 100% unforgiving when it comes to try to remove something with GW. If you get the card, don't make a single mistake--you'll be stuck with it for seven years. (Having said that, I'm still fighting and hoping for a break.)
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU here in Kentucky.  Just applied a few days ago.  I am awaiting a response.
Message 5 of 11
tri3nity
Contributor

I went ahead and gave it a shot. Nothing beats a failure but a try, right? I can try again in 6 months if they don't approve me this time. I would really appreciate a Firestone card.

Message 6 of 11
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

Approval was not hard.  I had similar scores when I got mine.  Had to apply twice actually because the first time I used a PO Box, which is a no go for them.  Applied about six weeks later.  If you apply and are approved on line, you have to complete a paper application in the store before they actually activate your card.

I got a $1200 CL and was very excited until I read that they do not report limits.  It is one thing not to get the utilization boost, but the fact that any balance on your account makes it look like your card is maxed is the real problem.  Just know that if you have a balance, it is a possibility that your scores will got down until you pay it off. 

I have also heard that they are a real BEAST to deal with, so I know that whenever I have a balance, I will pay very early and/or actually pay in the store that way if there is a problem, I can  have a store rep. call CS for me and verify that the bill was paid on time.  I have read some horror collections storries  and payments not posting stories about Firestone.

Now that I know this, I know how to treat them because otherwise, I have read also read some good things about them and of course it is very good to have a car service card.

Good Luck

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 7 of 11
tri3nity
Contributor

Did they automatically approve you? I received an automated message saying that they would let me know something in 3-4 days by email.

Message 8 of 11
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

No it was not automatic either time.  The firs time I waited, and they sent me a letter re: the use of a PO Box.  I just waited a month and reapplied, being too lazy to fill it out,  It was not automatic.  I think I called a day or two after I had applied and was told that I was approved.  They might not have told me my credit limit.  I say this because I know that when I actually got the card and the letter, there was no mention of a credit limit.  I had to call again.  That was when I was told the limit, but that that card would not be activated until I actually fill out a paper application, which I did and just took it to a local store.
Message 9 of 11
tri3nity
Contributor

Do you know the # that I can call to check it.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.