Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Adverse Action

tag
pip3man
Valued Contributor

First Adverse Action

So with the holidays my utilization shot up north of 50% and to top it off I added a new auto loan of about $27k to my CR. And guess what... Macy's took the first and only adverse action and slashed my limit on the AMEX side by $1500. Surprisingly nothing from Barclays, Chase or Citi like I was anticipating... Maybe they're still gearing up (I hope not) but I'm not really bothered cos it's Macys. Hopefully they can reinstate the limit in the near future... Just thought I should share and Happy New Year to you all!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: First Adverse Action

@pip3man wrote:

So with the holidays my utilization shot up north of 50% and to top it off I added a new auto loan of about $27k to my CR. And guess what... Macy's took the first and only adverse action and slashed my limit on the AMEX side by $1500. Surprisingly nothing from Barclays, Chase or Citi like I was anticipating... Maybe they're still gearing up (I hope not) but I'm not really bothered cos it's Macys. Hopefully they can reinstate the limit in the near future... Just thought I should share and Happy New Year to you all!

Micro management, if a creditor is going to give you a limit you should be fine running every one to the limit and reporting as such without any AA at all, thats the way it used to be not too long ago. Being a member of several credit forums has really opened my eyes to what is going on these days and if I ever max every card it will be done in less than 3 days... good luck getting your limit reinstated,.

Message 2 of 3
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Re: First Adverse Action

Wow, I guess creditors are still jittery after the meltdown '08/09.  You would think that they would give cardholders a month or two to bring down holiday balances.  It is often  the time when people do the most spending.

Glad I paid most of mine before balances reported.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.