cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First App Spree results... next steps?

tag
AlphaDawg

First App Spree results... next steps?

Thanks to the feedback received by enharu in my first post, I just wrapped up my first app mini spree (CC mixed with Auto Loans). As recommended, we went through the local CU and got approved for the 2 new cars for the family with turning 1 in. Before the single TU auto inquiry turned into new account(s), I decided to go after my much anticiapted CC app mini spree.

First, contacted BofA to request a CLI for my Alaska Airlines Preferred CL of 6k, have had since 2007. Used one of the BofA "back door" numbers from the forum and provided updated info. I requested CLI to 15k and after a brief hold she said the computer came back declined, but did a manual review and said it made no sense given excellent credit score and high usage and monthly payoff. She manually overrided and approved for the requested 15k and changed it to a Visa Sig!!

Hung up the phone and immediately applied for the 4 new cards I decided upon:

Amex Platinum --- Approved!!

Amex Blue Cash Preferred --- Approved (CL unk yet, but verified with Amex account was approved, info & card to arrive shortly)

Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Sig --- Approved for 11k CL

Chase Sapphire Preferred --- 30 day message (dang it!)

So my next step questions---

1. Do I wait to hear back from Chase on the Sapphire Preferred or reach out them for status? Email or call? Really want to get this one before I jump in the garden! Not sure on best next steps for highest success...

2. Does Cap One convert accounts to other types... Want to achieve a CLI on my Cap One Plat, but would prefer for it to be a Venture Rewards or something as I do not see myself using this card or the Orchard Bank $300 card now that I have the new perks cards I was approved for, but dont want to open a whole new Cap One account. Close them if I can't upgrade the Platinum?

Any other words of advice is appreciated. Thanks everyone.

Alaska Airlines 6k | Capital One Platinum 750 | Orchard Bank 300
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: First App Spree results... next steps?

@Lucidfox wrote:

Thanks to the feedback received by @enharu in my first post, I just wrapped up my first app mini spree (CC mixed with Auto Loans). As recommended, we went through the local CU and got approved for the 2 new cars for the family with turning 1 in. Before the single TU auto inquiry turned into new account(s), I decided to go after my much anticiapted CC app mini spree.

First, contacted BofA to request a CLI for my Alaska Airlines Preferred CL of 6k, have had since 2007. Used one of the BofA "back door" numbers from the forum and provided updated info. I requested CLI to 15k and after a brief hold she said the computer came back declined, but did a manual review and said it made no sense given excellent credit score and high usage and monthly payoff. She manually overrided and approved for the requested 15k and changed it to a Visa Sig!!

Amex Blue Cash Preferred --- Approved (CL unk yet, but verified with Amex account was approved, info & card to arrive shortly)

1. Do I wait to hear back from Chase on the Sapphire Preferred or reach out them for status? Email or call? Really want to get this one before I jump in the garden! Not sure on best next steps for highest success...

2. Does Cap One convert accounts to other types... Want to achieve a CLI on my Cap One Plat, but would prefer for it to be a Venture Rewards or something as I do not see myself using this card or the Orchard Bank $300 card now that I have the new perks cards I was approved for, but dont want to open a whole new Cap One account. Close them if I can't upgrade the Platinum?

grats on your approval.

call chase recon tomorrow.

Cap One converts, but you need to contact EO for product change.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congrats! Enharu tutored you well! Call Chase using the number in the backdoor sticky. Chances are it will just be a verification call but if they are trying to deny you take control of the conversation. Be prepared to answer any questions on your cr and you'll be fine.

Have you tried to email Cap 1? They will do some PCs on most cards but I'm not sure about the Orchard Bank. Email them, shoot for everything. They will call you in a few days.

Good luck!
Message 3 of 12
Cageym
Established Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@Lucidfox wrote:

Thanks to the feedback received by @enharu in my first post, I just wrapped up my first app mini spree (CC mixed with Auto Loans). As recommended, we went through the local CU and got approved for the 2 new cars for the family with turning 1 in. Before the single TU auto inquiry turned into new account(s), I decided to go after my much anticiapted CC app mini spree.

grats on your approval.

call chase recon tomorrow.

Cap One converts, but you need to contact EO for product change.

I taked to the EO yesterday and they said they can't convert from Platinum to Venture. I guess as always YMMV. I'm still waiint on the CLI answer and I got the same rewards added that several people here are getting.

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture NFCU Sig Visa Delta Gold Amex BCE Citi Simplicity IHG World MC Amazon Visa CSP
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board
Message 4 of 12
enharu
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Congrats! Enharu tutored you well! Call Chase using the number in the backdoor sticky. Chances are it will just be a verification call but if they are trying to deny you take control of the conversation. Be prepared to answer any questions on your cr and you'll be fine.

Have you tried to email Cap 1? They will do some PCs on most cards but I'm not sure about the Orchard Bank. Email them, shoot for everything. They will call you in a few days.

Good luck!

much better and much more detailed answer than mine haha. i was on my phone so i was lazy to type lol :/

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 5 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@enharu

I'm just finishing up what you started! Teamwork, its what its all about.
Message 6 of 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Lucidfox wrote:

CONGRATS!!!

I would contact Cap1 EO (1800 955 1455). They should be able to help you!!!

Definitely call chase. Good luck!!!

It;s time to hit the garden with those new prime seedlings!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 12
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Congrats on everything. What range were your credit scores in when you were approved, btw? I would say the Capital One is hard to get PRed. Most find it easier to just reapply for a venture.

Message 8 of 12
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approvals.  Definately recon with Chase.  Only possible issue is if several of the apps hit the same CRA and Chase is getting scared with all the INQ's.  But it sounds like your profile is strong enough to overide that.  Chase is very good with recons, you should be fine.

Message 9 of 12
jsucool76
Super Contributor

They wont convert you to a venture unless you have a 5k cl (afaik) so what you gotta do is get your cl to at least 5k (on my phone, cant see what it is) and then ask for a pc to venture.

If your cl is already 5k,disregard that. :-P they're just being mean.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.