cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Bank of America Card Expectations?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Bank of America Card Expectations?

I just applied to the Bank of America Card that they offered me a couple of days ago. It's my first card, so not sure what to expect in the process of recieving said card. Will I get any official email or word from Bank of America about my first credit card? I just got the $100 taken out of my account for the deposit. So I am hoping that I will recieve a YES decision sometime really soon. As in tomorrow? Is this always the case? They just take money out, without alerting you that they are, and tell you that they did later? I understand that they might have done this during non-banking hours. But still there should be a courtsey call or something. 

I just can't believe that they would just send me a card or a letter in the mail randomly like that, without first telling you something along the lines of, "Congratulations you have been approved." Or something similar. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Bank of America Card Expectations?

What did this offer look like. Its been a while since ive heard of having to put up a deposit/application fee up front vs just deducting from credit line. Unless it is a secured card..
Message 2 of 4
wmweeza
Established Contributor

It's a secured card, and generally since they took the deposit you are approved!Congrats. That's how I started out too

Last App 10/14. FICO's: AMEX Ex 846, BarclayTU08 815.FAKOs:CreditKarma 775,CS score 771.BofA 5400,Target $5000,Barnes $8500,Amex $22k
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
What did this offer look like. Its been a while since ive heard of having to put up a deposit/application fee up front vs just deducting from credit line. Unless it is a secured card..
Sounds like a secured card.
OP: do you know what you signed up for? did you apply for an unsecured or secured credit card?
secured; you pay a 'security deposit' which acts as your credit line
unsecured; no deposit required, they grant you a credit line of their funds.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.