cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Bankcard as INQ sensitive as parent FNBO?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Bankcard as INQ sensitive as parent FNBO?

I tried searching for this, but I can't seem to find a definitive answer. 

I was approved for a card with them (it was the first app of a 4-card app spree). I applied for other things before realizing that it was by First Bankcard and that they are with FNBO. I've heard FNBO horror stories. I have 7-8 HPs on each CR and I think there's up to 4 HPs on each one from the last 12 months. 

Should I worry?

Does anyone have experience with First Bankcard and had a lot of INQ's like me?

Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Re: First Bankcard as INQ sensitive as parent FNBO?

@Anonymous wrote:

I was approved for a card with them (it was the first app of a 4-card app spree). I applied for other things before realizing that it was by First Bankcard and that they are with FNBO. I've heard FNBO horror stories. I have 7-8 HPs on each CR and I think there's up to 4 HPs on each one from the last 12 months. 

Should I worry?

I am not a current FNBO cardholder at the moment even though i did get a pre-approval last year that was actually denied because of INQs (probably wanna of the few its happened with FNBO because most of their pre-approval are actually approved). Well anyways, what is done is done. FNBO is like most big banks that if there is something they dont like from you they will take some sort of adverse action (CLD,closures, etc). What i would do know is stop accumulationg more INQs and make sure you keep your overall utilization down because INQ+ high DEBT= AA. Hope this helps.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dodgerslv wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Should I worry?

I am not a current FNBO cardholder at the moment even though i did get a pre-approval last year that was actually denied because of INQs (probably wanna of the few its happened with FNBO because most of their pre-approval are actually approved). Well anyways, what is done is done. FNBO is like most big banks that if there is something they dont like from you they will take some sort of adverse action (CLD,closures, etc). What i would do know is stop accumulationg more INQs and make sure you keep your overall utilization down because INQ+ high DEBT= AA. Hope this helps.

Gotcha, thanks for the info. I'm not apping for anything until after October 15, 2015 now. I have no desire to app. I've been using the card but I can't help but wonder in the back of my mind if my INQs are too high now and they're gonna cancel me later when the first statement cuts. Which would be a shame. I've already ran $400 through the card and paid $300 on the balance ($1k limit), but no statement yet. 

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

save yourself hp and don't bother with FNBO if you got some hps from previous apps, they're more sensitive than barclays

Message 4 of 10
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

save yourself hp and don't bother with FNBO if you got some hps from previous apps, they're more sensitive than barclays

+1

FNBO shot down a simple Overstock Visa CC app citing of all things 4 INQS was too many for them to stomach. That was the excuse i got directly from an underwriter. I later learned from others here their INQ limitation IS NOT written in stone but they are waaaaay more sensitive then Barclay's to be sure IMO.

Message 5 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

The First Bankcard UW model pretty much follows suit as that of its FNBO parent. Only some of their retail partner network cards have somewhat flexible UW standards, such as the Overstock MC. But for other member banks under the First Bankcard umbrella, expect the same as FNBO.
Message 6 of 10
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

I had five inquiries within one month when I applied for and was approved for the SavingStar credit card with a 6500 limit. I already have a 20,000 credit card from First National Bank of Omaha, so 26500 total exposure isn't that bad. I had about six new accounts within six months as this was not planned and was way at the end of a spread out "spree". I applied for the FNBO Direct credit card in April and was declined because of too many new accounts, so I was suprised this was approved. I've had the other card for two years, so they may have used that to overlook the accounts.

I have IDA and that other bureau they pull for inquiries frozen, so I believe the inquiry denial comes from when they check those. I'd say you should be fine as long as yor balances don't go up. I haven't had any issue when asking for an increase or anything from them and I apply for things all of the time.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the input, everyone. I think I'll be okay. 

@navigatethis12 wrote:

I had five inquiries within one month when I applied for and was approved for the SavingStar credit card with a 6500 limit. I already have a 20,000 credit card from First National Bank of Omaha, so 26500 total exposure isn't that bad. I had about six new accounts within six months as this was not planned and was way at the end of a spread out "spree". I applied for the FNBO Direct credit card in April and was declined because of too many new accounts, so I was suprised this was approved. I've had the other card for two years, so they may have used that to overlook the accounts.

I have IDA and that other bureau they pull for inquiries frozen, so I believe the inquiry denial comes from when they check those. I'd say you should be fine as long as yor balances don't go up. I haven't had any issue when asking for an increase or anything from them and I apply for things all of the time.

I have 6 INQs on my EX, 5 of which are less than 12 months, and 1 is about to be over 12 months. And all my other most recent apps were done on other CRs. So I'm assuming they were okay with the 5 INQs with 4 less than 12 months. 

Message 8 of 10
Desmoire
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have 31% UTL out of 24k and around 8 INQ over the past 12 months, was approved for sallie mae. YMMV I guess.. All these computer algorithms are strange

myFICO Scores EQ 778 TU 783 EX 772 | Mortgage 106774.00 | Auto Loan 15251.00 | AMEX BCE 0/25500 | Lowes 0/6300 | Barclay Rewards 0/5000 | NASA FCU 0/5000 | FNBO 0/4400 | Amazon 0/4000 | FNBO Employee 283/2900 | NFM 0/2600 | Chase Freedom 0/2500 | Best Buy 0/2300 | Cap One 0/2250 | FNBO 0/1100 | NASA FCU Rewards 0/1000 | Quicksilver 0/750 | Younkers 0/500 TOTAL: 283/74,450 0.003% UTIL
Message 9 of 10
One7
Valued Contributor

They pulled EQ for me a couple months back and was denied for too many INQs, I had 3.

EX 810 EQ 805 TU 792 Diners WEMC 15k Chase United Club VS 15k | Hyatt VS 25k | Ritz VI 5k | Frdm VS 6k | CSP VS 5k | Mariott VS 6k | Amzn VS 16k Citi ExecAA WEMC 18k | TYP VS 7k | Costco VS 9k | Hilton Reserve VS 6k | Best Buy Visa 5k BofA Travel VS 30k | Cash VS 41k | Merrill+ VS 46k Barclay Rwds WMC 6k | Hawaiin WEMC 10k | JetBlue WEMC 8k | Aviator S WEMC 6k Amex Plat: NPSL | BCP 8k | SPG 3k WF Rwds VS 9k | Propel World Amex 25k | Dillards Amex 2k BBVA NBA Amex 10k Cap1 GM WEMC 8k | QS Visa 3k | Saks WEMC 9k NASA 30k Discover It 7k | US Bank Cash+ VS 15k | Flex Perks VS 20k ||| Total Rwds VS 12k | SG Rwds 11k | Walmrt MC 8k | Lowes 17k | Bowflex 9k | J Deere 15k | TJ Max 4k | Care 15k | HDepot 20k | Amzn 5k | PPal Extras 8k | Chvron 10k | Macys 15k | JCrew 18k | Marvel 8k | Stash VS 8k | Cabelas 10k | Statefarm 12k | Nordstrom Visa 10k \\\\Gardening since January////
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.