Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Community CU HP for membership

tag
hammertime
New Contributor

First Community CU HP for membership

For those of you inquiry sensitive I recently joined FCCU in Houston.

HP on EQ for membership and a second HP for credit card on same day.

Denied credit card for having too many national credit cards and too much credit.  Probably 200K in limits with around 20% utilization.

I only wanted MC for 2.9 BT if needed.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
JustJen
Regular Contributor

Re: First Community CU HP for membership

FYI it's a HP for anything with these guys, and like you experienced even if applying for different products on same day they tend to pull separately; always equifax! They are very very very inquiry sensitive. I've been stuck at 1k limit on my cc from them forever (highest CL with other creditors now is 10k), finally bit the bullet and asked for CLI....took the HP and denied. I've been a member for probably 2-3 years.

I make over six figures and probably deposit a little under two-thirds of my pay there each month and still no love! They definitely seem to be a lot more conservative than some of the other CUs people write about here on these boards. My goal was to cultivate a relationship with a CU so that in the future I can get better rates on auto loans, credit cards, etc. so we'll see how it pans out.
Message 2 of 5
hammertime
New Contributor

Much too conservative for me.. Probably will never use account. Investex is much better. They are strictly EXP. At least I got 5k mc at 7.9 from them.
Message 3 of 5
JustJen
Regular Contributor

What's Investex?
Message 4 of 5
hammertime
New Contributor

Another local CU. Strictly EXP puller but great.
investexcu.org
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.