Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Credit Card(s)

tag
Kevinception
Established Member

Re: First Credit Card(s)

No, applying for the IT would be a great idea as the BoA is only a secured card. Well on your way in a year or so, just follow advice on this site.
Message 11 of 16
Valued Member

Got approved for the IT card!
TU 757 (04/30)
Message 12 of 16
myjourney
Super Contributor

@1992 wrote:
Got approved for the IT card!

Welcome to the forum and the Discover family 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 13 of 16
jaebsf
Contributor

Well what ever you. If you end up having to go the secured card route be sure to do it with someone that you can grow with. Most of the big issuers have secured card products these days. In fact BofA has good secured products. Avoid the sub-prime issuers at all costs....note use of the word "costs". Good luck

Message 14 of 16
Valued Member

Thanks guys.  I'm probably going to avoid the secured route now that I got this.  Opinions on applying for an AMEX Blue Cash Everyday or a Citi Dividend?  I'm guessing they aren't really for people with no credit like myself..   

TU 757 (04/30)
Message 15 of 16
jaebsf
Contributor

Seeing how you just got your first credit card I suggest not going crazy. Sit back and admire and manage your new Discover IT card. Wait until this trade line has been reporting for at least 3 months, preferably longer, before trying making any additional applications.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.