Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Credit card

tag
chopperacn
New Contributor

First Credit card

Hi all,

My younger brother has a EQ FICO of 765 and TU :750.

He has no credit cards and his total credit history of 1 year.

Can he apply to any Prime cards like Citi, Chase, BOA or Discover? What are the chances for his approval?

He is an AU on my card but that aint helping his history.

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: First Credit card

I believe Discover will approve and amex charge would probably approve. if you apply for amex charge and that's approved you my as well try for a credit card too because it will just be one credit pull on same day.
Message 2 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

oh citi also was my first credit card after being au on my parents First USA card when I was 18, so they would probably be good bet too
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If a student, definitely Discover Student card.

Message 4 of 8
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@chopperacn wrote:

Hi all,

Can he apply to any Prime cards like Citi, Chase, BOA or Discover? What are the chances for his approval?

How old is he? Is he under 21? If so, he will either have to show income to pay the card or have a cosigner.

He has good scores...but a very thin file. His acceptance will be based on that plus his income.

Message 5 of 8
DI
Super Contributor

@chopperacn wrote:

Hi all,

Thanks. 

Something is helping him garner some pretty high scores.  FICO like to see a mixture of tradelines to get scores that high.  What else reporting on his  reports besides one AU account?  

Message Edited by DI on 03-07-2010 08:10 PM
Message 6 of 8
chopperacn
New Contributor

He just turned 21 last month.The only active account that shows up on his EQ and TU is my Citi card , for which he is an AU.

He has no other accounts, other than a paid off student loan.

Message 7 of 8
DI
Super Contributor

@chopperacn wrote:

He just turned 21 last month.The only active account that shows up on his EQ and TU is my Citi card , for which he is an AU.

He has no other accounts, other than a paid off student loan.

Fantastic! The student loan is what keeping his scores high too.  Do you have an older mature card he can be added to.  That can increase his 1 year credit history and raise his chances of being approved.  

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.