Did you mean: 

First Ever Citi Dc apr redux!

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

First Ever Citi Dc apr redux!

Phase 1 Rebuild Complete

Phase 2 Work on Lowering Apr if possible

Phase 3 Reduce Credit Card collection to the Chosen Few!

Looks like Phase 2 is in full swing. This morning i tried paying my Health insurance with my Dc, figuring to get a couple bucks back, when for some odd reason it was declined. Hit the button again figuring maybe its the site. Nope double decline. Got weirded out so quickly tried my Best Buy Visa, boom inatant pay .

Ok first thing i logged in to Citi to check my account . Front and center were the 2 charges i attempted asking me if i was the one attempting. Decided to call real quick. Talked with Robolady, she asked about the charges. I decided to say yes i was authorizing them but wanted to speak to a person.

Spoke with a nice agent saying the charges flagged by the security team . I guess because where i live, was done on the net and probably because i havent made any big purchases in awhile. It was for $244 bucks. Since i andwered it was me attempting i assume thats why my account got unfroze and he was explaining how the watch the accounts 24-7 etc. I appreciate it. Can be a hassle at times but it is what it isSmiley Wink

Anyhoo, he asked was there anything else he could help me with and i figured why not, do you have any offers for Apr reduction at this time. Last time i got a no. He said let me check, was pleased with my 1st year with Citi and came back and approved me from 21.74% original i think to a lower 19.17% if i hesrd correctlySmiley Happy Yes, feels so great. 1st Boa now my Citi. Now i cant wait for August to see if i can score my first sp cli with CitiSmiley Happy. Thanks for reading everyone, keep those dreams alive, AVJ Smiley Happy
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Ever Citi Dc apr redux!

Great!  I am still in 0% apr with them and certainly going to call for a reduction when my time comes

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Way to go AJC. 😆
Message 3 of 10
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 4 of 10
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Congrats AJC! I think my DC has the the original APR you had. Lol It's 21.xx, I assume it's the same.
I've never tried to reduce it honestly. Never thought much about it. Good for you!
Citi is great about giving reduced promotional APRs as is Amex.
Message 5 of 10
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats, AJC! 🎉😊
Message 6 of 10
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

WooHoo AJC, Congratulations!!!!

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 7 of 10
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Great!  I am still in 0% apr with them and certainly going to call for a reduction when my time comes

You don't have to wait until your 0% APR expires. I am still in my 0% APR period, and I alon with many other MyFICOers (another thread) got Citi APR reductions over several days. Got my card Dec 2016 with ~23% after promo expires. Got on chat and requested several APR reductions as follows:

1/7/2017 - 19.49%
3/19/2017 - 17.49%
3/20/2017 - 16.49%
3/21/2017 - 14.74%

Get on chat today and ask for yours Smiley Very Happy

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your success!!

Message 9 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks everyoneSmiley Happy

Wow, CreditInspired, thats an amazing reduction in rate! Great jobSmiley Happy
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.