Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Fiancial Bank

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

First Fiancial Bank

Does any one know about First Financial Bank. My Daugher, FreshMan in College received an applicaiton. Any ideas on this application they sent to us?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
vish1
Valued Contributor

Re: First Fiancial Bank

@Red1Blue wrote:

Does any one know about First Financial Bank. My Daugher, FreshMan in College received an applicaiton. Any ideas on this application they sent to us?

I looked at the termsheet and it looks prettye decent. 8.9% APR on classic visa and 6.5 on gold with no AF and the description says 'generous credit lines'.

I will let others chime in...

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 2 of 8
laz98
Senior Contributor

We have one.  You have to be invited to apply, supposedly.  A while back though, I went to their website & found a spot where you can just request that they mail you one.

It has always had a high APR, but now it just has a ridiculous APR of 29.99%.  It is, however, our highest credit line.  They are very generous (or were, IDK if they still are when you are starting out) with their CLIs.  There was a period where they were raising the limit just about every 3 months.  Right now, our card is getting a time-out because we were carrying a lot of debt on it, & we just got it paid off last month.  That's probably why we haven't gotten a CLI in a long time!  LOL.  But we won't be using it again until they drop the APR.

EDITED TO ADD:  I do hope we are talking about the same bank.  Looking at the previous post, I'm guessing we are not.  Can you provide some more info, maybe the website?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was offered one as soon as I turned 18 and I was a freshman in college.  It was my first credit card and it had a decent APR. I've had it for almost 6 years now and they just sent me a notice in the mail saying now I have a 25 dollar annual fee "thanks to the card act".  So while it gave me great use over the years, I will now be cancelling it as I have much better options.

It was a great card while it lasted without a AF though. So I would still recommend it.

Message 4 of 8
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: First Financial Bank

i forgot they added that annual fee!  i don't remember how much ours is...it's really high, i think, like $55.  Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also forgot to add that the card kept a good APR for about two years or so, then it went to a pleasant 29.99%.

Message 6 of 8
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Here is the more info. 1stFinanceBank, South Dakota. Offer is for my daughter to build her own credit with out me cosigning or being an AU on my account. Credit limit can be as low as $150 and interest rate is 29.99%. She is already AU on my accounts. Is there any benefit of getting a card on her own?

Message 7 of 8
vish1
Valued Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

Here is the more info. 1stFinanceBank, South Dakota. Offer is for my daughter to build her own credit with out me cosigning or being an AU on my account. Credit limit can be as low as $150 and interest rate is 29.99%. She is already AU on my accounts. Is there any benefit of getting a card on her own?

I would wait for something better than this. She is AU on your cards so she should be good.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.