Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Garden Test! Rough!

tag
HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

First Garden Test! Rough!

Got my first invitation from my other credit union today in mail to use invitation number to apply for their Visa Platinum Rewards Card. I know they pull EQ and I don't want another IQ on it. Oh how the garden is hard when offers start coming!! Invitations are not a guarantee anyway right?
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Re: First Garden Test! Rough!

Nope, invitations are definitely not a guarantee.  Stick with your plan, and only app when you know you're in a good position to get approved for the card(s) you want.

Message 2 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Nope they are not a guarantee. With the amount of inq's/ new accounts you have in a month - I'd be running from a computer! Weren't you commenting on your TU score earlier? Applying is fun, exciting and exhilarating - it can be addictive. The withdrawal period is filled with denials, AA's, CLD's and low AAOA. I'm being dramatic because I want it to sink in- waiting is your best friend. The invitations, pre-approvals, sign up bonuses will still be there in Dec/Jan.
Message 3 of 12
flyingace
Valued Member

@09Lexie wrote:
Nope they are not a guarantee. With the amount of inq's/ new accounts you have in a month - I'd be running from a computer! Weren't you commenting on your TU score earlier? Applying is fun, exciting and exhilarating - it can be addictive. The withdrawal period is filled with denials, AA's, CLD's and low AAOA. I'm being dramatic because I want it to sink in- waiting is your best friend. The invitations, pre-approvals, sign up bonuses will still be there in Dec/Jan.

And, to add to Lexie, if anything, the invitations etc... will be BETTER in December.

In my Snoopy holder: NFCU Flagship Sig Visa-- $11K | Chase Freedom -- $2500 | AMEX BCE -- $2000 | Amazon Visa -- $2000 | Discover It $1500| Old Navy Visa -- $1000 | Target Red Card -- $300

TU (Disc Pull 4/29/13) -- 752 | AmexEQ (6/13/13) -- 728 | AmexEXP-- 737 | AmexTU-- 737 (5/28/13)
Goals: 740 EQ/EXP/TU
Gardening until 12/3/13 -- or longer
Message 4 of 12
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Invatations are a lot more lkely to be approved if you haven't been to an AP party in 6 months or longer :-)

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 5 of 12
CREDITSURFER
Frequent Contributor

Stick with the garden. Since i went to the garden ive been getting offers in the mail also. I just look at it as the garden doing what it was ment for, building your credit for better offers! I love all the support in the garden and it has truely helped me. So stay strong and you will thank the garden when its right time to step out.

Mouse over for CL
FICO EQ (670) 9/6, TUwalmart (725) 11/4, Discover FICO (725) 11/19, AMEX EX Pull (728) 11/29
GOAL: 750 with all
Message 6 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

I'll make gardening easier didn't you just get 2 cards overturned (denials) through recon? Hint Hint Hypass

You refuse to take the advice given you so many times Lol

I give .......

This time I say app

Go ahead pull the trigger

Go for it 

Chance of approval are good after recon

It's got your name on it 

Lol 

Condition red canceled

ERT stand down Smiley LOL

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@myjourney

True,some people have to find out for themselves.
Message 8 of 12
blk8
Regular Contributor

I give CU invitations a 90% success rate Smiley Tongue

FICO: EX 662 | EQ 670 | TU 681
Message 9 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
@myjourney

True,some people have to find out for themselves.

Smiley Sad

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.