cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First HSBC selloff - Sign of things to come?

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: First HSBC selloff - Sign of things to come?

FWIW, which isn't much at all, I haven't heard anything on my BB store card (through HSBC.)

Looks like maybe they're splitting off their CC portfolio in chunks...

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 21 of 26
Cleanmachine
Frequent Contributor

As of this writing HSBC is in negotiations with Capital One and Wells Fargo regarding

the Credit Cards.

Message 22 of 26
snowangel
Frequent Contributor

I'm guessing their banking division is a totally separate entity from their CC division.  I doubt the selling of these branches is going to be a reflection of who they sell their cc portfolio to.   

EQ: 662 | TU: 682 | EX Plus: 764
SL baddies fall off between Jan '13 - Oct '14
Message 23 of 26
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@snowangel wrote:

I'm guessing their banking division is a totally separate entity from their CC division.  I doubt the selling of these branches is going to be a reflection of who they sell their cc portfolio to.   

+1

Message 24 of 26
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Banking and CC divisions are probably seperate. FIA, for example, manages credit cards for BoA and others.

DGF was on a rant about HSBC yesterday morning yet very glad she had changed from working there just two months ago.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 25 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a quick update I read today: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/02/hsbc-layoffs-hiring_n_915952.html

Basically HSBC is laying off 30,000 people in the US and Europe to focus on "emerging markets".

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.