Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First National Bank Omaha AMEX

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First National Bank Omaha AMEX

Hey guys and gals.. about a month ago I received an invitation for their AMEX card. It has 1% cash back on everything, all the time and no annual fee.

I was instantly approved and the message said that I should receive the card and agreement within 7 days.

I only have 2 credit cards so I decided to accept their invitation based on things I've read here in the forums regarding this bank.

I have read that this is a good card to have and it's a great and conservative institution to have a relationship with. Everyone seems to only have good things to say about them.

Just wanted to hear from people that maybe already have this card, etc...

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First National Bank Omaha AMEX

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys and gals.. about a month ago I received an invitation for their AMEX card. It has 1% cash back on everything, all the time and no annual fee.

I was instantly approved and the message said that I should receive the card and agreement within 7 days.

I only have 2 credit cards so I decided to accept their invitation based on things I've read here in the forums regarding this bank.

I have read that this is a good card to have and it's a great and conservative institution to have a relationship with. Everyone seems to only have good things to say about them.

Just wanted to hear from people that maybe already have this card, etc...

I received the same invitation last week and saw where they SP'd me in January.  Shows a black card.  IDK what to do with it so I put it in my nightstand drawer. lol  1%?? 

Message 2 of 4
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I get that offer just about every month. I'd never bite on it, but if you have no other cards with decent rewards I guess it wouldn't be too bad. It's just a plain 1% card.

I will say it does look like a relatively nice looking card, perhaps I just like the black.

Message 3 of 4
mikelo22
Established Contributor

FNBO cards usally are short on rewards, but I've heard they are generous with CLI's, and from my experience so far, they have had exceptional customer service. You also get a Free EX FICO score. I don't have your Amex, but I have the Savingstar Amex which is issued by FNBO.

So far, I've been very happy with the rewards system. It has replaced my Discover as my "Go-to" online shopping card via the SS shopping portal. I get more % cash back than Discover's and it usually posts faster.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.