Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First National Bank Omaha AMEX?

tag
snowkitty
Established Contributor

Re: First National Bank Omaha AMEX?

They were only offering 0% interest when I applied. I could not resist the packaging that the preapproval came in....lol They just sent me checks last week for balance transfers or whatever with 0% interest and a one time 4% fee
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 21 of 51
skoop
New Contributor

I also received a pre-approval for the American Express card.  I like the fixed 5.99 for transfers, so am strongly considering it.  Can anyone shed some light on the application process and what they ask for.  Verification of employment?  Proof of income, etc?  When I applied for Chase Freedom and was accepted, they barely asked for anything!  A lot has changed for me in the last year, so curious.

Message 22 of 51
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

You apply, and you will recieve a 7-10 day message, and they will manually review your application and approve or deny based on the information, never heard of them requesting documents. Its just a manual review.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 23 of 51
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Hello All!

My brother has one of FNBO's cards.  It was a pre-approval and he had utility of about 45% at the time.  Approved with his highest limit at the time.  If you get the pre-approval, you are very much more inclined to be approved as opposed to a cold app via their website.  I recommend their cards highly if you are looking for another tradeline.  Their CLIs are SPs every 6 months so the CLs will grow with you if you manage your account well.  Just my observations from how my brothers account has been handled with them.

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 24 of 51
BCGCredit
New Contributor

I have their visa. So far great company.
Overstock 8.9K|VS 1.3K|Express 1K|Credit One 1.3K| Cap1 QS1 750|1st Premier 950|Cap1 Playstation 750|Target 800|PayPal 2% MC 700|Discover 6K|Nordstrom 4.8K|PayPal Credit 2K|AMEX DG 1K|

Message 25 of 51
cableguy123
Regular Contributor

bit the bullet on this one had a pre approval in the mail applied and approved yesterday starting cl of 6k not too bad

Message 26 of 51
skoop
New Contributor

I also applied, on Monday, was approved on Tues.  Waiting to hear how much.  May call tomorrow or just wait and see.  Hope it is a good CL since I want to do a couple of transfers.

Message 27 of 51
cableguy123
Regular Contributor

just call the 1800 number for credit cards on their website it is an automated system and it will ask you for your phone number zip code and last for of your social and it will tell you the limit

Message 28 of 51
skoop
New Contributor

So, I called and not happy with the CL. I am wondering if a call would be beneficial. I wanted to do a BT on a high interest card, but the limit isn't enough. I looked for a back door number but didn't find one. Thoughts? Thinking it may be too late since already approved.
Message 29 of 51
skoop
New Contributor

Anybody?
Message 30 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.