cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First National Bank of Omaha Visa Signature Upgrade!

tag
vpae
Established Contributor

First National Bank of Omaha Visa Signature Upgrade!

I've been checking my mail every day waiting for my TY Preferred, PayPal Extras and Wells Fargo Siggy with no luck. I got my mail today and got a letter from FNBO. They have been sending me a lot of balance transfer offers, so I expected the same. But to my surprise, the letter says.

"Congratulations... your benefits are getting better! Your'e being upgraded to a Visa Signature card. Your new card will replace your Platinum Edition Visa Card"

It calls out NPSL and 24 Hour Visa Signature Concierge service. It says it should arrive after 9/18/13. It looks like it won't say FNBO on it, but it says VISION. 

I will say one thing about FNBO. They were the first to offer me my highest CL once I started getting prime cards again. The only one to auto CLI me. They also were the first to give me a card over 5 digits. And first to give me $15K. And now they auto upgraded me to a Signature card. I almost feel bad that I've never used this card other than for a 0% BT and paid it off before paying any interest.

Kudos to them!

FNBO Siggy

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: First National Bank of Omaha Visa Signature Upgrade!

Congrats!!!!! 

Ron.

Message 2 of 15
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats on a great card with a great bank

SP CLI's yes yes yes Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 15
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Awesome! I never really hear much about them. From what you are saying, they almost seem like the non CU equivelant to NFCU

Message 4 of 15
missjae
Established Contributor

Congrats on the upgrade!!  I'd love to get in with them one day.

Message 5 of 15
pt310
Frequent Contributor

Congrats to OP! That's a nice looking card.

I hope they're just as good with their Amex's. I just got one a little over a month ago, and they also gave me my highest CL to date. 

How long have you had that Visa?

Message 6 of 15
vpae
Established Contributor

@pt310 wrote:

I hope they're just as good with their Amex's. I just got one a little over a month ago, and they also gave me my highest CL to date. 

Than you!  They pulled Experian on 3/27/12. So 16 months or so? If the sent me another offer, I would highly consider it.

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 7 of 15
pt310
Frequent Contributor

@vpae wrote:

@pt310 wrote:

Than you!  They pulled Experian on 3/27/12. So 16 months or so? If the sent me another offer, I would highly consider it.

You're welcome! Thank YOU for sharing the information!

I wasn't originally planning on apping for them, but they had sent a pre-approved offer for the Amex, and I'm very glad I took them up on it. They seem to be a really good bank.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Funny thing, they did the same thing to me. I had a FNBO Bucks Back Visa and they upgraded me to the FNBO Vision Visa Signature (same card). They were the first one to give me a decent credit line with no-preset too. They are the largest privately held bank in the United States. They stay low on the radar and tend to be more out of sight than the big banks. The FDIC rates them very high for bank quality.

Message 9 of 15
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Someone is going to be stalking the mailman this week hahha Congrats!!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.