cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First National Bank of Omaha pre-approvals really mean pre-approved.

tag
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

First National Bank of Omaha pre-approvals really mean pre-approved.

A few days ago I got a pre-approval for the First National Bank of Omaha American Express Card. 2% on gasoline and groceries, 1% on everything else, 15.99 rate, and zero intertest until January 2014, no pre-set spending limit.They claim it is only open to a select few, but it is right on their website for all to apply for. I may be making some purchases next year that would do good not being paid for a while so I went ahead and applied.

I then got nervous when I saw that they were very conservative and did not like new accounts or inquiries. I applied yesterday and today the status says approved for 10000. I really thought I would only get 1500 or get declined. So maybe they really do mean it when they say one is pre-approved

Credit profile:

Score: 730-750, Experian seems to be impossible to lower below that

Inquiries: Twenty one total (all in the past year), ten in the past six months.

New accounts: Twelve in the past year

Utilisation: 1%

Highest limits reporting right now: 10000-Macy's American Express, 7500 Fidelity American Express (FIA), a few others at or above 5000.

Income: 50000

Age of history, Two years, eight months

Average age of accounts: one year?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

Re: First National Bank of Omaha pre-approvals really mean pre-approved.

Wow.  Congrats!

And interesting credit profile.  I mean, thats a lot of activity in 12 months.  I wouldn't have thought you'd be approved.  But its awesome you were!

Message 2 of 5
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Thank you. I have had a lot of luck with issuers, and it is purely luck. Chase only recently gave me a 1000 increase though, so they are a bit tough. Others seem to be fine and not even ask about the inquiries and new accounts.I do not plan on drawing their attention to the card though, it may have been a glitch, haha.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

FNB is very generous in CLI, my wife got 5400 CLI which is more than double of any of existing card. Today we signed up jointly for BoA visa siggy and approved based on FNB high limit..

Message 4 of 5
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Awesome. It is always nice when creditors try to match other limits.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.