Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First National Bank of Omaha

tag
felixfly2000
Contributor

First National Bank of Omaha

Guys,

Just received a pre-approved offer from they. 0% on purchases and 5.99% on balance transfers until paid. My question, do you think this is a real pre-approved offer. All other bank offer say you a pre-approved to apply or you are pre-qualified to apply.? This one reads Thanks to your credit history, you're pre-aoorived for the First National Bank of Omaha Platinum Edition Vkisa Card.

felix, this private invitation has only been extended to select individuals.

So what do you guys think? I have not apply for credit for about 30 mos. 713 and 707, no baddies, but I do carry a high balance.

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
Macroman
Regular Contributor

Re: First National Bank of Omaha

I don't think there is such a thing as a real pre-approved offer.

Message 2 of 36
score_building
Senior Contributor

@felixfly2000 wrote:

Guys,

Just received a pre-approved offer from they. 0% on purchases and 5.99% on balance transfers until paid. My question, do you think this is a real pre-approved offer. All other bank offer say you a pre-approved to apply or you are pre-qualified to apply.? This one reads Thanks to your credit history, you're pre-aoorived for the First National Bank of Omaha Platinum Edition Vkisa Card.

felix, this private invitation has only been extended to select individuals.

So what do you guys think? I have not apply for credit for about 30 mos. 713 and 707, no baddies, but I do carry a high balance.

Can you pay down some before applying... as you know, high balances and new apps. don't combine well.

This is the first for life BT offer I've heard of all year, thought those were gonzo.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 3 of 36
felixfly2000
Contributor

I just saw that FNBO soft my EXP report which actually show my limit on my BOA Signature Visa. My plus score over there is 750. I have until July 22 to decide. I am hoping that this mean they will pull this report compare to the others. I should be able to get in two payment before the dead line. I am very very tempted.

Message 4 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had same thing happen.  First the soft on EX and then

the offer. 
I didn't respond.  Thought about it.Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 36
felixfly2000
Contributor

Is it to late for you to pull the trigger. I wish you would have. Not knowing is killing me.

Message 6 of 36
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

I also received one of the pre-approved offers from First National Bank of Omaha.    They offered 0% on purchases thru Jan, 2011.  The BT offer for me was 0% thru June, 2011, and had a 5% BT fee attached to it.  Seemed kinda high, but maybe that's where everybody's at these days?

I'm not looking for any more cards, so I'm passing on this.  Just curious about the bank, though.  I hadn't heard of it until now. 

Message 7 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just made the 800 club so I don't want any inquiries. 
I'd love to get another card and kick HSBC to the curb.

I just can't right now.

Other soft inquiries from Citi and BoA and offers.  Citi softs me every

month.Smiley Surprised

Message 8 of 36
mygoal750
Contributor

First National Bank of Omaha is my bank (I live in Omaha).  They are the largest locally owned bank in Nebraska and one of the largest privately held banks in the nation.  They have extended their marketing in the past 5-8 years.  They are owned, and have been owned since inception in the late 1800s by a local family.  Very civic minded, excellent service, good products, etc. They been voted one of the Best Places to Work in Omaha for the past several years.  I've banked with them for at least 20 years, and have always received prompt responses to any questions, concerns, etc.  Their underwriting used to be one of the most stringent in the Midwest.  Their website is user friendly, for the most part. 

Message 9 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

I also received one of the pre-approved offers from First National Bank of Omaha.    They offered 0% on purchases thru Jan, 2011.  The BT offer for me was 0% thru June, 2011, and had a 5% BT fee attached to it.  Seemed kinda high, but maybe that's where everybody's at these days?

I got the same offer. It took me a while to find out from where it actually came. It's unusual today to get offers without some big logos staring at you.

The card didn't look interesting to me.

Message 10 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.