Did you mean: 

First National Bank of Omaha??

tag
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

Re: First National Bank of Omaha??

@RyVision wrote:

Crunching;

I somewhat remember you mentioning your income range (possibly) in another post.  I think if they asked you for docs you'd be approved (I'd expect that more so than a denial if they even asked). They're conservative but they seem to be friendly toward higher than upper average incomes if the applicant has a reasonable DTI ratio (IIRC) and fairly clean reports. You also have other rather conservative lenders willing to give you higher CLs, they all know those companies don't hand out higher revolver CLs like drunken sailors. Smiley Very Happy

HHI=210K, last year with OT mine was $89K if they look at me alone. None of it is self employed, so easy to document to them. House is not underwater. DTI would be fine. I have one baddie, 30d from DEC08. I hope I fit a profile they are willing to work with. I am trying to aggressively pay down my humongous CC debts. 0% on some of it would make for faster paydowns. Keeping my fingers AND toes crossed.

edit=typos

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 21 of 45
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Crunching;

Other than the util being high (I'm guessing your over the 80% mark or at least close), that sounds like you shouldn't have much problem getting in with FNBO.  Even if every card you had were maxed out, that alone wouldn't be an unreasonable DTI for them (or most lenders) to deal with. I doubt your mortgage and auto loans are near the 3k level. The one baddie from 08 probably won't even factor in (that would be considered a near perfect history really IMHO).

I'm pretty sure (from what you've said) that after they do a manual review and possibly get your docs , that they'll be very willing to work with you. Just my 2 cents Smiley Happy

I really hope they help you out with a high CL to transfer to a 0%, at least on a majority of the debt you're working on.  I don't recall if you mentioned INQ's, but if they're low you could possibly tell them on the phone (when you speak with an analyst) that you're looking into getting at least 1 card at 0% to transfer balances and ask their opinion on applying for another (other than them) for what they might not take over. It might be a prompt for them to raise their initial CL or at least tell them you're looking into options for 0% and that there could be an INQ added later after they've approved if their CL isn't high enough by itself (just to find out how they feel about that idea ahead of time), just a thought.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 22 of 45
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

@RyVision wrote:

Crunching;

Other than the util being high (I'm guessing your over the 80% mark or at least close), that sounds like you shouldn't have much problem getting in with FNBO.  Even if every card you had were maxed out, that alone wouldn't be an unreasonable DTI for them (or most lenders) to deal with. I doubt your mortgage and auto loans are near the 3k level. The one baddie from 08 probably won't even factor in (that would be considered a near perfect history really IMHO).

I'm pretty sure (from what you've said) that after they do a manual review and possibly get your docs , that they'll be very willing to work with you. Just my 2 cents Smiley Happy

I really hope they help you out with a high CL to transfer to a 0%, at least on a majority of the debt you're working on.  I don't recall if you mentioned INQ's, but if they're low you could possibly tell them on the phone (when you speak with an analyst) that you're looking into getting at least 1 card at 0% to transfer balances and ask their opinion on applying for another (other than them) for what they might not take over. It might be a prompt for them to raise their initial CL or at least tell them you're looking into options for 0% and that there could be an INQ added later after they've approved if their CL isn't high enough by itself (just to find out how they feel about that idea ahead of time), just a thought.

I really wish that were true, RY. Although I just paid off the minivan in FEB (so no car pymt), my mortgage is indeed $3K per month (with escrow- RE taxes=$9K yr).

First TU report pulled here is showing 81% util,but that is obsolete now.

If you added up all my cards and DH's cards when I started this paydown in JAN12 and included what we owed on the van, it was $85K.  Took myself off of DH's cards (was AU), paid off big chunks, and combined we are now around $68K.  Huge debt. Not all of it on my CR though. I only asked FNBO for $6500. No way would I ask any one creditor for a really big chunk.  Discover just took $6000 at 0%.  I am hoping they will take the $6500 I asked for. If they show me luv I will be really grateful.

If not, maybe I can get Citi to take some. And there is always CAP1... really would rather not take 3 HP's to find out though...   I need to see if someone will take some of DH's too.

Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 23 of 45
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Crunching;

Sorry to hear the mortgage is that high in total, I forget what some people are paying (it varies so much across the country), I was actually thinking you might be around the 2200 area tops in total.  Give FNBO a chance to see your docs and I still think they'll ok you for around the 6.5k mark. I think it will depend a bit on who reviews your info, they are a huge bank and a bit old fashioned in some respects (not all bad, not all good).

From what you say about your reports, you obviously made it through the rougher part of the credit crunch without much problem.  You're not upside down (underwater, whatever term is usually used), you don't have lates, other prime lenders are sticking with you and you have a good, above average income.   If they don't go that high on the CL I'm still rather sure they'll approve you for a card, mostly I'm thinking they're going to feel  you have the income to support your debt, esp if you can get rid of some of the interest.  I'll admit I wouldn't be shocked if they approved you for more than you're hoping really, I just don't want to get your hopes up since I'm thinking a 20% chance with that.

Now if  you were a relative LOL I'd be telling you to cut out every bit of spending you can, no eating out, no entertainment, basically live like monks until the debt was knocked down Smiley Very Happy  but I'm guessing you're probably working on that already to your own comfort level.

Remember to check your INQ's and what CB Citi might pull before trying them later, they can be touchy about INQs and new accounts (IMHO).

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 24 of 45
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

@RyVision wrote:

Crunching;

Sorry to hear the mortgage is that high in total, I forget what some people are paying (it varies so much across the country), I was actually thinking you might be around the 2200 area tops in total.  Give FNBO a chance to see your docs and I still think they'll ok you for around the 6.5k mark. I think it will depend a bit on who reviews your info, they are a huge bank and a bit old fashioned in some respects (not all bad, not all good).

From what you say about your reports, you obviously made it through the rougher part of the credit crunch without much problem.  You're not upside down (underwater, whatever term is usually used), you don't have lates, other prime lenders are sticking with you and you have a good, above average income.   If they don't go that high on the CL I'm still rather sure they'll approve you for a card, mostly I'm thinking they're going to feel  you have the income to support your debt, esp if you can get rid of some of the interest.  I'll admit I wouldn't be shocked if they approved you for more than you're hoping really, I just don't want to get your hopes up since I'm thinking a 20% chance with that.

Now if  you were a relative LOL I'd be telling you to cut out every bit of spending you can, no eating out, no entertainment, basically live like monks until the debt was knocked down Smiley Very Happy  but I'm guessing you're probably working on that already to your own comfort level.

Remember to check your INQ's and what CB Citi might pull before trying them later, they can be touchy about INQs and new accounts (IMHO).

What I am hoping is that this new DM card that will report any day does not screw it up. I intend to be completely honest about everything and my motivation for seeking the new CL's. I haven't heard from them yet, and the site still says pending. I will gladly furnish whatever docs they want.

We have GREATLY cut our spending. We might not be family, but cutting down on etxras is just sound advice. We have two years to be completely out of this debt before the college bills roll in on the kid.  The oldest decided to study fire science at the Community College. (yea, cheap tuition). The youngest on the other hand, will be playing college sports on "hopefully" a 1/3 ride. She is the one that will cost the $$$$. Her current travel costs to play are also cutting into this debt reduction, but what's a mom to do? (PAY, PAY, PAY)

Message 25 of 45
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

3/15/2012- status=pending

No calls from FNBO for more information. I am getting antsy. I am hoping no news is good news. If they meant no, they could easily have updated the status to denied, right?  AAArrrrgggghhh! Smiley Frustrated

Message 26 of 45
pkhuu78
Contributor

@crunching_numbers wrote:

No calls from FNBO for more information. I am getting antsy. I am hoping no news is good news. If they meant no, they could easily have updated the status to denied, right?  AAArrrrgggghhh! Smiley Frustrated

Base on the two accounts I have with them, it usually takes them about 5days to process.  You are most likely approved. 

......NPSL.........14.5 K............30 K..........20 K.........10 K...............8 K.............7.5 K..........
Message 27 of 45
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

@pkhuu78 wrote:

@crunching_numbers wrote:

Base on the two accounts I have with them, it usually takes them about 5days to process.  You are most likely approved. 

That is encouraging. Only 5 days of obsessively checking the website. LOL. I hope I am approved. Did they call you or somehow contact you for more information? Or was it just 5 days of waiting......

Message 28 of 45
pkhuu78
Contributor

5days of waiting and checking online 3 times a day, morning, noon and night..Smiley Very Happy  Well worth the wait, i got approved for 10.4k on the second card and the first card is now at 13k.  they have one of the best CSR...

......NPSL.........14.5 K............30 K..........20 K.........10 K...............8 K.............7.5 K..........
Message 29 of 45
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

@pkhuu78 wrote:

5days of waiting and checking online 3 times a day, morning, noon and night..Smiley Very Happy  Well worth the wait, i got approved for 10.4k on the second card and the first card is now at 13k.  they have one of the best CSR...

I asked them for $6500 in BT's. I hope they give me a generous CL too. Then I won't be maxed to start out. At this point I just hope they give me the $6500 really.  When you were finally approved, what happened? Did the staus change to approved or something? Did you get an email?

Message 30 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.