Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First National Bank of Omaha

tag
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: First National Bank of Omaha

@guinness8878 wrote:

I've been searching but I have found nothing on this particular card. The bank sent me an invitation to apply for their Amex but this card shows 1.5% cash back, when I visit their website it only shows a 1% cash back card. It has no annual fee and is a darker bluish color differing from the website as well. Is this a new card, did anyone else receive one recently?

FNBO has a number of sites and many card products.  I had an offer a while back for a 1.5% FNBO AmEx with a 6.25% APR and others received it as well.  I think the general offer expired and the page for it seems to be gone.  The one you received may be a targeted offer.

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Crap. I have read posts and heard that they were conservative but .........................

The creditor is only part of the equation.  One's credit and income determine the limit that one will qualify for.  My FNBO card is $18K.  PenFed is generally regarded as conservative as well but I have a $30K card from them.  It's not just the creditor that determine limits despite how people tend to generalize about "generous" and conservative creditors.  If one's credit qualifies one can get large limits with "conservative" creditors.  If one's credit does not qualify then one can end up with low limits and/or denials even with a "generous" creditor.

Message 11 of 30
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@thelethargicage wrote:
I got that "offer" in the mail. "Earn 1% on all your purchases", except they make it sound like they just invented sliced bread. What a joke. That's why I don't bother with smaller issuers.

If it's the one I keep getting, it's better than that:  earn 1% on all your purchases ALL the time!   As compared to every third thursday or something.  Of course, that's apparently because I deserve better rewards.

But OP got the 1.5% one.

Message 12 of 30
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Mine had 1% cash back variable interest rate, and an annual fee of 19.00. Anyone else get an annual fee??🤔

So why app for it?

Message 13 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't mind a 19 dollar fee, 100 is another story.
Message 14 of 30
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I don't mind a 19 dollar fee, 100 is another story.

OK, just the combination of fee and 1%

Message 15 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know. I probably shouldn't have even applied for it. I have enough cards. I'm probably going to opt out, so I'm not tempted in the future. 😊
Message 16 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got an offer for 0% intro to 5/2016, then 11.9 to 19.9%.

Zero % balance transfer until 10/2016.

No annual fee.

Still thinking it over.

CCT scores are EX 720, TU 718, EQ 685.

I am guessing it is a HP if you app?  Which CRA?

ETA: nice pretty card stock for the offer

Message 17 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian
Message 18 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have received 2 invitations from them, but I am not interested in anothr Amex.

Message 19 of 30
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I have had an FNBO Amex which used to be 1% and no AF, I got them to upgrade it to the 1.5% card they used to have advertised on their website.  I think this is the card you got the invite for.  I couldn't get them to lower the interest rate though.  They told me I had to apply for the actual card to get it.  I wish they would have given me that APR, but at least you can get them to lower APRs.  They also are very good about giving CLIs.  I don't think I have asked for an increase to my limit for a long time from them, but they just seem to give them to me often.  I have had the card for over two years and it has grown rather nicely.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.