Did you mean: 

First National Bank of Omaha

tag
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Re: First National Bank of Omaha

@longtimelurker wrote:

@thelethargicage wrote:
I got that "offer" in the mail. "Earn 1% on all your purchases", except they make it sound like they just invented sliced bread. What a joke. That's why I don't bother with smaller issuers.

If it's the one I keep getting, it's better than that:  earn 1% on all your purchases ALL the time!   As compared to every third thursday or something.  Of course, that's apparently because I deserve better rewards.

But OP got the 1.5% one.

Well, there are cards like that you know. The Chase Sapphire Preferred and its First Fridays of the month, or the Saturday Night Live MasterCard on, er, Saturdays...

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 21 of 30
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@thelethargicage wrote:
I got that "offer" in the mail. "Earn 1% on all your purchases", except they make it sound like they just invented sliced bread. What a joke. That's why I don't bother with smaller issuers.

If it's the one I keep getting, it's better than that:  earn 1% on all your purchases ALL the time!   As compared to every third thursday or something.  Of course, that's apparently because I deserve better rewards.

But OP got the 1.5% one.

Well, there are cards like that you know. The Chase Sapphire Preferred and its First Fridays of the month, or the Saturday Night Live MasterCard on, er, Saturdays...

Right, which is why FNBO is much better.  1% ALL the time, 24/7.   Can't beat that.   Well, unless you have almost any other card.

Message 22 of 30
advocate1
Established Member

Just curious, how did you get over $180,000 in available credit. I assume they were not initial credit limits. How long did it take through CLI?

Message 23 of 30
olehammer
Frequent Contributor

You're asking a direct question on a 4 month old thread?

Message 24 of 30
advocate1
Established Member

Forget it, olehammer. Didn't realize there was a time limit. If the poster wants to respond, they can. My apologies for bugging you.

Message 25 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Received another invitation from FNBO yesterday.  Went straight to the shredder.

Message 26 of 30
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@advocate1 wrote:

Just curious, how did you get over $180,000 in available credit. I assume they were not initial credit limits. How long did it take through CLI?

I have no idea who that question was directed at. However, speaking for myself, I obtained a secured card for a year, then obtained $279k of credit in the next 3 years. My income is now 61K.

This image basically shows starting limits and what they eventually became via various CLI requests.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 27 of 30
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@advocate1 wrote:

I have no idea who that question was directed at. However, speaking for myself, I obtained a secured card for a year, then obtained $279k of credit in the next 3 years. My income is now 61K.

This image basically shows starting limits and what they eventually because via various CLI requests.

I absolutely love this!  There is my OCD like myFICO OCD!!Smiley Very Happy

Message 28 of 30
advocate1
Established Member

I am the one who asked. Applied to FNBO and just got an email saying card was "pending". In my experience, that means "approved" but not so sure now. Amazing how one can get approved by AMEX for 2 separate cards, but get denied by Barclay's......it happened to me. I have seen total credit limits as high as $600,000 and wondered how someone got to that level. When I saw $297,000 I wanted to know how. Didn't realize thread was 5 months old.

Total capacity on my end - $31.000

EQ - 684

EX - 692

TU - 654 (DirecTV refuses to PFD on old account)

Message 29 of 30
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I have almost $200,000 in limits, about $100,000 of that has been added in the last year.  I simply got in control of my spending and paying.  I rebuilt starting with a secured card from Merrick which I let age for a few years, then I opned a few other cards CapOne, HSBC, Synchrony, and Comenity.  I let those age for a while too and then I started trying for Amex, Discover, Barclays, etc.  Then recently I decided to add a few cards for the bonus points.  Some of which came as preapprovals, others I simply just tried for.  I have gotten only 1 rejection recently which I reconned and got.  Time and CLIs are the key to this.  Buiding your score through aging accounts, low utilization, and good payments.  I have the highest credit score in my family, except maybe my father.  I took 9 years, but I realize I could have done it sooner.  If I didn't start off with some negatives on my report it would certainly have been easier.  I did have a strategy and certainly have been rewarded because of it.  I don't buy more than I can afford to pay off quickly and I use the card for the best rewards wherever I go.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.