First National Bank of Omaha

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First National Bank of Omaha

@crazysxycool wrote:

@andre181 wrote:

@crazysxycool wrote:

I just received a preapproved offer for their Maximum Rewards Visa Card and I applied for it.  I don't know my EX score since I've read this is who they pull but at the end of the application it said I'll receive a written response in 2 to 4 weeks.

That is normal. I don't think they do instant approvals, I think their underwriters manually approve every application.

I got the same message and about a week later, I was approved. There is a link on their website to check the status of your application. www.firstnational.com

Thanks Andre!!  I just checked and I was APPROVED!!!  I'll receive the card in 7-10 days!! Smiley Very Happy

Do you know by any chance your score at the time of applying? Also what did you state as your income (if you don't mind sharing) and your UTL

Message 21 of 36
crazysxycool
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@crazysxycool wrote:

@andre181 wrote:

@crazysxycool wrote:

I just received a preapproved offer for their Maximum Rewards Visa Card and I applied for it.  I don't know my EX score since I've read this is who they pull but at the end of the application it said I'll receive a written response in 2 to 4 weeks.

That is normal. I don't think they do instant approvals, I think their underwriters manually approve every application.

I got the same message and about a week later, I was approved. There is a link on their website to check the status of your application. www.firstnational.com

Thanks Andre!!  I just checked and I was APPROVED!!!  I'll receive the card in 7-10 days!! Smiley Very Happy

Do you know by any chance your score at the time of applying? Also what did you state as your income (if you don't mind sharing) and your UTL

My score was probably at 703 or 704.  UTIL was about 34% and my income is over $38k.

Starting Score: TU: 663 EQ: 632 EX: ?
Current Score: TU: 721 (12/02/12) EQ: 704 (12/2012 via SW) EX: 712 (11/19/12 via Amex)
Goal Score: 700 (ALL)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool...thanks for replying Smiley Happy BTW what is the CL they gave you?

Message 23 of 36
crazysxycool
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Cool...thanks for replying Smiley Happy BTW what is the CL they gave you?

You're welcome!  My credit line is $2000.  No increase as of yet.  Received the card in July.

Starting Score: TU: 663 EQ: 632 EX: ?
Current Score: TU: 721 (12/02/12) EQ: 704 (12/2012 via SW) EX: 712 (11/19/12 via Amex)
Goal Score: 700 (ALL)

Message 24 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are conservative...makes me want to pass them up and just apply for some new cards from Citi/Chase/BOA/Amex/USAA/Credit Unions

Message 25 of 36
pkhuu78
Contributor

They are not conservative at all.  I have an Union Bank Visa which is issued by them in Sept. 2010 with a limit of $6000.  I did a BT for $2000 and paid it off in 6months with ZERO interest.  They raised my limit to $9000 right after that.  I have just done another balance transfer for $3000 last week and i was just login on to see if the transfer has gone thru and notice that they have raised my limit to $13000.  I also applied for the Union Bank Amex account which is also issued by them last week and was also approved for $10300.  I don't know why the extra $300 but i will take it and I am extremely happy with them..

......NPSL.........14.5 K............30 K..........20 K.........10 K...............8 K.............7.5 K..........
Message 26 of 36
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

This thread also helped me with my Union Bank Max. Rewards Visa pre-approved question. Thanks bichonmom &pkhuu78Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Message 27 of 36
ThriftySaver
Regular Contributor

I got a pre-approval letter then I applied and was denied because I had 6 hard inquries within the past 2 years. Is that really considered excessive?

Message 28 of 36
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Macroman wrote:

I don't think there is such a thing as a real pre-approved offer.

+1

That goes out the window once the real data is analyzed.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 29 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ThriftySaver wrote:

I got a pre-approval letter then I applied and was denied because I had 6 hard inquries within the past 2 years. Is that really considered excessive?

How recent were the last few?

I got denied because I didn't bother providing my pay stubs and W2.

Oh well I don't need someone that conservative in my portfolio Smiley Happy

Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.