tag
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Re: First National Bank's stepping up their game

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

There is posts here in the forums of members that have their CC and that once approved are fairly generous with CLI's? Maybe someone can chime in on that for us.

They are quite generous with CLIs, the limit of their cards can grow very quickly if you treat them right. You can call in every 3 months and see if a pre approved SP CLI is waiting for you or not.

How good are they about upgrading to a Visa Signature card? This is the FNBO card I want, in Visa Signature form:

https://www.firstbankcard.com/newyorklife/001/personal.fhtml

Why this card?  On earning, it seems nothing special, 1.5% with 5 year expiration.  Are the redemptions special?

Nope, but FNBO doesn't seem to have very good offerings, so this is the best one I spotted. At least its blue.

Yes, I mainly want it for the Experian Fico 8 Bankcard score.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@B335is wrote:

@TheFate wrote:

Yes, its from Omaha.

All the offers I received in the past never once mentioned free fico scoring. So this is new to me.

Are they a rebuild company? Don't seem like a prime lender

I guess how one person percieves prime vs. the next is highly subjective, but no I would definitely not consider FNBO sub-prime.

They can be tough to get in with, but I don't think 4 inq is necessarily a dealbreaker with them (CSRs aren't always the best informed).  They also have some co-branded cards; ANA, LaQuinta, Overstock, Sport Chalet to name a few.  I think the free EX Fico is worth having them and they're generally good with sp CLI every 4-6 months. 

I got the LaQuinta Visa a couple months ago and it was not instant, required an explanation of all my new tradelines and approved.  I wasn't holding my breath on that one.

co-branded cards; ANA, LaQuinta, Overstock, Sport Chalet to name a few .... sounds sub-prime to me Smiley Very Happy

Message 22 of 29
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

I just bit the bullet last week and added them to my mini app spree. Mainly the the Fico. Was instantly approved for $12,700. I am not in their geographic region so waited on a preapproval offer to show up. Just the plain Jane Amex, but I will take it. I also don't think the 4 inquiry limit is a hard limit as I had more than that when I applied.

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 23 of 29
IrishPM
Frequent Contributor

I've had the Orvis Visa from FNBO for about 2 years now...started out with a CL at $6,500 and a few months ago they gave me an increase to $10,200. Great customer service and they regularly offer balance transfers with no fee. No complaints. They did notify me over a month ago that they're upgrading my card to Signature with a chip and supposed to receive that any day now.

Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Peteyglad wrote:

I just bit the bullet last week and added them to my mini app spree. Mainly the the Fico. Was instantly approved for $12,700. I am not in their geographic region so waited on a preapproval offer to show up. Just the plain Jane Amex, but I will take it. I also don't think the 4 inquiry limit is a hard limit as I had more than that when I applied.

is it this blue one i have here ? im curious too. And speaking experian, Citi starting jan 2015 will offer it too for free. the real one.  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-in-the-News/CITI-BANK-to-offer-FICO-Scores/m-p/3546631 so i was thinking going for citi double expecially with their 15 month 0% APR + free score instead going for FNBO 6 month 0% APR. Only problem is citi will require additional hard pull for a credit limit increase while FNBO i believe is soft pull every 3-4 months. 

Message 25 of 29
plastic_man
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Peteyglad wrote:

is it this blue one i have here ? im curious too. And speaking experian, Citi starting jan 2015 will offer it too for free. the real one.  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-in-the-News/CITI-BANK-to-offer-FICO-Scores/m-p/3546631 so i was thinking going for citi double expecially with their 15 month 0% APR + free score instead going for FNBO 6 month 0% APR. Only problem is citi will require additional hard pull for a credit limit increase while FNBO i believe is soft pull every 3-4 months. 

I have the exactly same card and yes it is a SP every 4 months! So far, so good.

MyFICO Scores : EQ = 791 , TU = 794, EX = 774 as of 06/16
Current CARDS : Boa working assets $33k| | QuickSilver $6650 | BillMeLater $5000 | FNBO AMEX $20K | ChoiceHotel BarclayCard $7500K |barclay ring card $15k| Macys AMEX $20k| AMEX Gold Premier | AMEX Blue Cash $13.2k | | Chase Marriott $20k | CSP $14,200| CAP1 Spark Miles $28k | AMEX Business Gold Premier| citi Hilton hhonors $12k| citi AAdvantage $10,500 | Chase Ink Plus $27k | BoA Alaska signature personal $17k | BoA Alaska business $27k | AMEX SPG $11,800 | JPM Ritz Carlton $29.9k
Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@plastic_man wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Peteyglad wrote:

I have the exactly same card and yes it is a SP every 4 months! So far, so good.

anyway i can find out my limit ? 

Message 27 of 29
plastic_man
Regular Contributor

Call them, try one of the backdoor numbers from this forum
MyFICO Scores : EQ = 791 , TU = 794, EX = 774 as of 06/16
Current CARDS : Boa working assets $33k| | QuickSilver $6650 | BillMeLater $5000 | FNBO AMEX $20K | ChoiceHotel BarclayCard $7500K |barclay ring card $15k| Macys AMEX $20k| AMEX Gold Premier | AMEX Blue Cash $13.2k | | Chase Marriott $20k | CSP $14,200| CAP1 Spark Miles $28k | AMEX Business Gold Premier| citi Hilton hhonors $12k| citi AAdvantage $10,500 | Chase Ink Plus $27k | BoA Alaska signature personal $17k | BoA Alaska business $27k | AMEX SPG $11,800 | JPM Ritz Carlton $29.9k
Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.