Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First PREMIER Bank - Cancelled!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First PREMIER Bank - Cancelled!

I figured that I would share with you all that I finally cancelled that card. I know it's one of the worse to have but I figured I would leave it open until they were going to finally charge me the annual fee and all that other stuff.

The process was painless and I was kind of surprised it didn't turn into some kind of horror story like it does for most but it seems like I got out easily. The girl asked me on the phone why I wanted to cancel and told her my credit sucked when I got the card and now it's great so I don't need it. Which then she tried to give me this little rant about how closing it would hurt my credit... blah... blah... blah... offered me a $35 credit and I politely said, NO! Which she took and didn't ask again and then told me my account was cancelled with a $0 balance and I would get a statement in the mail showing the card being closed.

I got this all recorded by the way in the event something crazy were to occur on their end and it obviously reports different.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First PREMIER Bank - Cancelled!

Congrats on your progress! And your divorce from 1sr P! 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I'm relieved to know I don't have that card in my profile. The fees they charge are so ridiculous but I have to admit they were the first card to approve me when my credit was TERRIBLE!

But they approve everyone cause obviously willing people are blinded by just being accepted.
Message 3 of 8
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

Just keep a eye on it and make sure they actually close it and not charging fees monthly still.
Message 4 of 8
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

" got this all recorded by the way in the event something crazy were to occur on their end and it obviously reports different.'

Just a suggestion

Check your state laws about recording phone conversations. Some states are "two party" states meaning that you have to advise the other party that you are recording the conversation. The mere fact that they are recording the conversation does not automatically relieve you of the duty to notify

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I let them know as soon as they came on the phone that the call was also being recorded on my side for verification and authenticity of the request that was being made today.

They said ok and continued without giving me a problem.
Message 6 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Way to go VBSmiley Happy. I dont have problems with them recording the convo, they shouldnt have problems if you do same but good point anyway MMSmiley Happy.

This is a good sign you are moving up VBSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! My wife got one of their mailers the other day and I said, oh hell no! Shredded that thing ASAP!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.