First PREMIER Bank!

tag
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Re: First PREMIER Bank!

@Anonymous wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

@Booner72 wrote:

Not only high APR (I had 29.9999), but monthly fee of 6.00.  Plus fee for online payment - had to enroll and pay a 5.00 "one time" fee; over the phone payments cost each time (Can't remember).

I called and canceled as soon as we got a CU Visa.  They wanted me to stay so offered me 30.00 not to cancel.  Spent the 30, then called and canceled.  I was so happy to get rid of those blankety blank blanks.

(I have to give them some credit, which was giving me a cc offer right after BK, so at least that was something I was doing right after BK to rebuild).

BUT GET THIS  - a friend at work and her DH filed BK and he got this card, and his APR is 49%!!!  IDK why the took it.  And I can guarantee you they have a balance. 

I just think this sort of thing should be illegal. Period. That is beyond punitive. I didn't get a CC until my BK came off because I refused to pay the outrageous fees by FB, Orchard, etc.  I wonder what the CC act really accomplished if charging these outrageous rates is legal.

No, it shouldn't.  There is nothing wrong with setting any price you want for a product you are selling, even a loan.  Personally, I'd take a 100% APR if it meant having more rewards.

+1. I'd take a 100% APR too if it meant better rewards. APR doesn't really mean anything as long as you always PIF.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 11 of 26
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

am i the only one who has a decent agreement with them? i have a whopping 200cl but nobody wanted to give me credit 6 months ago so i went with FP. 200 cl with 19.99apr isnt that bad to start out with

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 12 of 26
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@rootpooty wrote:

am i the only one who has a decent agreement with them? i have a whopping 200cl but nobody wanted to give me credit 6 months ago so i went with FP. 200 cl with 19.99apr isnt that bad to start out with

What about fees?

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 13 of 26
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@rootpooty wrote:

What about fees?

no fees. i didnt enlist in online payment nor do i pay over the phone. i simply use my online banking to pay my small balance every month. ive heard about a monthly service fee once the card hits one year but i plan to axe them anyways at the one year mark

Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

Message 14 of 26
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@rootpooty wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@rootpooty wrote:

What about fees?

no fees. i didnt enlist in online payment nor do i pay over the phone. i simply use my online banking to pay my small balance every month. ive heard about a monthly service fee once the card hits one year but i plan to axe them anyways at the one year mark

You may want to review your T&C again...........that sounds way too good to be true for FP!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 15 of 26
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@rootpooty wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@rootpooty wrote:

What about fees?

You may want to review your T&C again...........that sounds way too good to be true for FP!

i reviewed everything. it doesnt matter cause i only charge a few bucks here and there but still i was shocked when i heard how nasty they were after i got the card. like i said no worries cause im canceling the card soon

Message 16 of 26
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@rootpooty wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@rootpooty wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@rootpooty wrote:

What about fees?

i reviewed everything. it doesnt matter cause i only charge a few bucks here and there but still i was shocked when i heard how nasty they were after i got the card. like i said no worries cause im canceling the card soon

You also might wanna check your reports too a buddy of mine got screwed over with them on 30 day lates and it was their fault and he didnt know how to dispute until I showed him.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 17 of 26
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

@Booner72 wrote:

Not only high APR (I had 29.9999), but monthly fee of 6.00.  Plus fee for online payment - had to enroll and pay a 5.00 "one time" fee; over the phone payments cost each time (Can't remember).

I called and canceled as soon as we got a CU Visa.  They wanted me to stay so offered me 30.00 not to cancel.  Spent the 30, then called and canceled.  I was so happy to get rid of those blankety blank blanks.

(I have to give them some credit, which was giving me a cc offer right after BK, so at least that was something I was doing right after BK to rebuild).

BUT GET THIS  - a friend at work and her DH filed BK and he got this card, and his APR is 49%!!!  IDK why the took it.  And I can guarantee you they have a balance. 

I just think this sort of thing should be illegal. Period. That is beyond punitive. I didn't get a CC until my BK came off because I refused to pay the outrageous fees by FB, Orchard, etc.  I wonder what the CC act really accomplished if charging these outrageous rates is legal.

As long as the politicians are in bed with the banks and CCC's it's not going to change, and it hasn't since 1978.

http://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/marquette-interest-rate-usury-laws-credit-cards-1282.php

Message 18 of 26
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@pipeguy wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

@Booner72 wrote:

As long as the politicians are in bed with the banks and CCC's it's not going to change, and it hasn't since 1978.

http://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/marquette-interest-rate-usury-laws-credit-cards-1282.php

I did wonder that, it was always SD or DE.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 19 of 26
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

My APR was 19.99, had $7/monthly fee and I think $29 annual fee.  Just canceled it yesterday though!

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.