cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Post... Please Help for New Credit .. Thanks

tag
nicholase99

Re: First Post... Please Help for New Credit .. Thanks

Thank You and I have had my lowes for a year and a half never ask for any of my cards acutally is the online button instant or no?

@creditnocash wrote:

well then congrats. 

the lord and & taylor you can ask for a cli every four months same with lowes i believe. 

and amex congrats if your a exec member you get extra cash back in store. 

im not sure if that applies to outside purchases though. 

Message 11 of 31
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@nicholase99 wrote:

Hello All . It is wonderful to become a member on these forums and I look forward to all your comments Thank You 

I am looking around for a new credit card or store card that I can use for holiday shopping this season. What are the best promotions!! This is alittle background of my credit and income. 

Income: $152,555.00 - No Mortgage currently looking around...!!!!

Credit: 

Amex Gold Card - NPSL 

Chase Freedom - $3,000.00

Citi Thank You - $2,000.00

Discover More - $1,500.00

Lowes/GECRB - $1,500.00

Home Depot - $1,000.00

Bloomingdales/DSNB - $800.00

Nordstrom Bank - $500.00

Credit Scores

EX: 763, EQ: 754, TU: 789 

I had absoulty no baddies and 4 years of history and I pay all the cards on time.

Any Suggestions??

Welcome to the forums!!!

I would suggest instead of opening a new account, use Discover for their 5% online shopping category. You would reck up quite a bit of CB!! Also their DiscoverMall online gets more CB as well!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 31
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@nicholase99 wrote:

Hello I did apply for all three .... And I am so surprised !!!!

Victoria Secret ..APPROVED $1,500.00 Pulled EX

Lord & Taylor .. APPROVED $4,000.00 (DYING I do have good payment history with my lowes card for about 1.5 years) 

And the best of all...

I did apply for an american express but after looking at the interest rates on the blue compared to the true earrnings which is about 15% and because I do shop at costco alot 

Amex TrueEarrings Costco... APPROVED 6,100.00 also my gold is about 9 months old

Thank you for helping me apply for the amex and leading me there i am very grateful to have good credit Thank you again 

CONGRATS on those approvals!!

Great limits!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 31
nicholase99

Thank You very much and I also was saying before I never knew you can get an increase I have never asked for one im temped is the lowes instant or no ?

Message 14 of 31
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@nicholase99 wrote:

Thank You very much and I also was saying before I never knew you can get an increase I have never asked for one im temped is the lowes instant or no ?

You have to call in, yes it is instant if it is approved.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 15 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

The online button won't work. Call in and there will be an automated line that asks for income and how much you want. If it can't approve that amount it normally will do a counter offer if you are eligible for a CLI.
Message 16 of 31
nicholase99

great im all hyped up after all these approvals but i still want one more haha I m trying to think!!! I m so excitied because my wife is expecting our first baby girl in november and im still looking for mortgages I only have with these approvals 5 ex 3 tu 7 eq

@LS2982 wrote:

@nicholase99 wrote:

You have to call in, yes it is instant if it is approved.

Message 17 of 31
TheConductor
Established Contributor

I second the recommendation to either spring for the Blue Cash Preferred or just use the cards you have. The former will get you short-term rewards, the latter will save you more in the long term by likely qualifying you for a better mortgage rate.

If you want some holiday shopping rewards, consider signing up for Upromise and using their large selection of online shopping partners. 5-15% back most places. That'll enable you to avoid recent INQs to look good for your mortgage shopping, while also getting you some nice cash back from the card(s) you already have.

Starting: EQ 622 (myFICO 7/7/12), EX 696 (TU FAKO 8/14/12), TU 621 (CK TransRisk 7/24/12), Total CL $1k on 2 TLs
Current: EQ 709 (CCT 2/4/15), EX 704 (CCT 2/4/15) , TU 702 (CCT 2/4/15), Total CL $110.3k on 14 TLs Goal: 740+ x3
My Wallet: Amex BCP $30k, Chase United Explorer $16k, Amex SPG $13.5k, Barclaycard Ring MC $12.5k, Chase CSP VS $12.2k, Discover it $10.5k, C1 Venture VS $6.5k, Chase Slate $3.5k, Amex Hilton Surpass $2k, Barclaycard Apple V $2k, Chase Freedom V $1100, BoA Cash Rewards V $500, Citi BestBuy $500
My Loans: Prosper $25k/36mo, Prosper $17k/36mo
My Business: Chase Ink VS $5k, Amex BRG NPSL (> 10k),
Message 18 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

If your a football fan barclays has a 400 cashback offer after spending 1000 in 90 days on their NFL card.
Message 19 of 31
nicholase99

Thank You I happened to notice you have CareCredit what is this if you dont mind me asking? 

@Anonymous wrote:
The online button won't work. Call in and there will be an automated line that asks for income and how much you want. If it can't approve that amount it normally will do a counter offer if you are eligible for a CLI.

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.