cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Post... Please Help for New Credit .. Thanks

tag
nicholase99

First Post... Please Help for New Credit .. Thanks

Hello All . It is wonderful to become a member on these forums and I look forward to all your comments Thank You 

I am looking around for a new credit card or store card that I can use for holiday shopping this season. What are the best promotions!! This is alittle background of my credit and income. 

Income: $152,555.00 - No Mortgage currently looking around...!!!!

Credit: 

Amex Gold Card - NPSL 

Chase Freedom - $3,000.00

Citi Thank You - $2,000.00

Discover More - $1,500.00

Lowes/GECRB - $1,500.00

Home Depot - $1,000.00

Bloomingdales/DSNB - $800.00

Nordstrom Bank - $500.00

Credit Scores

EX: 763, EQ: 754, TU: 789 

I had absoulty no baddies and 4 years of history and I pay all the cards on time.

Any Suggestions??

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Post... Please Help for New Credit .. Thanks

What kind of promotions are you looking for? low interest, discounts, cash back?

Message 2 of 31
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

sounds like you have great cards. 

when you say for the holiday? 

do you mean charging all the gifts and carrying a balance or? pif. 

just using rewards? 

whats your game plan. 

your scores are pretty good and if you have no inquries and no bk on your report you should be approved for any card you decide to apply for. 

btw. i would take your name out of the post. just my 2 cents. 

edit: if your looking to get a morgatge in the near future i would just use your current cards. 

looking for credit right before sometimes sets of some red flags. 

in that case id use the cards you have now. 

im not sure what kind of presents you give but i know the chase freedom and discover more have great 5% deals coming up for kohls and best buy(well chase freedom anyways)

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 3 of 31
nicholase99

@creditnocash wrote:

just using rewards? 

whats your game plan. 

your scores are pretty good and if you have no inquries and no bk on your report you should be approved for any card you decide to apply for. 

Thank You and yes my name is very common but their is nothing to be found haha I was looking into a victoria secret for the wife your thoughts?? I would like something the offers a discount at the counter for the holidays and then in janurary pay in full 

Message 4 of 31
nicholase99

The two cards i would like to apply for would be lord & taylor and victoria secret for my family and for my wife. who is the bank? easy approval??

@nicholase99 wrote:

@creditnocash wrote:

just using rewards? 

whats your game plan. 

Thank You and yes my name is very common but their is nothing to be found haha I was looking into a victoria secret for the wife your thoughts?? I would like something the offers a discount at the counter for the holidays and then in janurary pay in full 

Message 5 of 31
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

Hard to go wrong with going for Amex Blue Cash Preferred. You already have a gold card so you shouldn't have much problem being approved. 6% cash back at grocery stores, 3% cash back on gas station and department stores, and 1% cash back on all other pruchases. For department store holiday shopping that can really add up!

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 6 of 31
nicholase99

how is the interest rate on the blue? is that the one that has the card that looks clear (see-through)??

@espnjunkie wrote:

Hard to go wrong with going for Amex Blue Cash Preferred. You already have a gold card so you shouldn't have much problem being approved. 6% cash back at grocery stores, 3% cash back on gas station and department stores, and 1% cash back on all other pruchases. For department store holiday shopping that can really add up!

Message 7 of 31
nicholase99

Hello I did apply for all three .... And I am so surprised !!!!

Victoria Secret ..APPROVED $1,500.00 Pulled EX

Lord & Taylor .. APPROVED $4,000.00 (DYING I do have good payment history with my lowes card for about 1.5 years) 

And the best of all...

I did apply for an american express but after looking at the interest rates on the blue compared to the true earrnings which is about 15% and because I do shop at costco alot 

Amex TrueEarrings Costco... APPROVED 6,100.00 also my gold is about 9 months old

Thank you for helping me apply for the amex and leading me there i am very grateful to have good credit Thank you again 

Message 8 of 31
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

it all depends 

L&T is financed through ge which can grow really well with you 

and Victorias secret is through wffnb. not sure about them since ive never had one of their cards. maybe someone else can chime in. 

also costco has the costco amex true earnings that will get you 1%. i believe discover has a department store category for the 5% cash back. but im not positive on that. 

do you not want to use one of your current cards? 

if the 5% percent deal is more then youd save why not. plus your aaoa wont take a hit.(unless amex it might rise)

as they say only apply for credit when needed not when its wanted. 

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000

Message 9 of 31
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

well then congrats. 

the lord and & taylor you can ask for a cli every four months same with lowes i believe. 

and amex congrats if your a exec member you get extra cash back in store. 

im not sure if that applies to outside purchases though. 

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.