Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier Acting Strangely

tag
almost_there
Regular Contributor

First Premier Acting Strangely

Last month I used my First Premier card to buy a plane ticket, and forgot about my yearly fee.  The fee and the additional fee they charged me for going over the limit put me a total of $44 over my credit limit.  I felt sucky about it, but I couldn't pay it off until the end of the month (meaning the end of June).  When I did make the payment, I saw that First Premier had gone ahead and reversed the over the limit fee they charged me without me having to ask.  I wasn't going to even bother asking b/c I just thought there was no way.  Color me surprised to see them do a good deed with no prompt from me.  I'm grateful, but I wonder what's up with them?  I have two First Premier cards, and this is not the one I have the spotless record with.  Just thought I'd share.  I found the good deed interesting. 
11/2013 FICO: 517 (TU), 560 (EX), 539 (EQ)
11/2013 FAKO: 593 (TU), 591 (EX), 595 (EQ)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: First Premier Acting Strangely

Hmm. That is strange coming from FP.

I hate to say it, and maybe it seems counter-intuitive, but maybe you should call them and thank them for removing it/try and find out why they did it. If they reversed it in favor of rate jacking, then maybe you can try and talk your way out of it.
Here we go again...
Message 2 of 5
almost_there
Regular Contributor

Yikes, I didn't even think of the rate hike.  My new statement isn't yet online, so I will be making that call tomorrow.  I hope they didn't raise my rate.  If it isn't one thing, it's another...
Message 3 of 5
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I didn't mean to imply that that was automatic trigger for a rate jack, I just wanted to throw it out there as a possibility.
Here we go again...
Message 4 of 5
almost_there
Regular Contributor

No worries.  Thanks for leading me that way.  As I said, it's just darn strange that this company of all companies would do this.  I'll have them paid off by the end of the summer and then plan to only keep a $3 balance, so not tremendously worried about the rate increase right now and actually it may be just the final motivation I need to stop using the card once and for all. 
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.