Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier Bank - CLI possible?

tag
pritchardhallhokie
Frequent Contributor

Re: First Premier Bank - CLI possible?

Thanks for the replies as always.  For some reason, I have a totally different experience with First Premier.  I don't have the 50% CLI fee, I only have to pay $50 if approved.  Also, for example, so many people talk about these high interest rates, I simply have a 9% APR.  Maybe I'm super lucky?!?!

Starting Score: 584TU / 580EQ
Current Score: 670 TU / 680EQ
Goal Score: 720 TU / 720 EQ

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

sounds like 50% to me Smiley Happy , they only charge you 9% because they nail you with a one time program fee, a monthly fee ($8), a yearly fee ($75) and the 9% interest!

In the end they risk nothing because your borrowing your own money Smiley Wink

Their program is setup where no matter what, even if you don't pay in the future they lose nothing.

It's like having a secured card that you'll never get your deposit back.

Their new cards are 59.9% because they can no longer load your card with fees that consume  more than 50% of the initial credit limit.

Message 12 of 15
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

sounds like 50% to me Smiley Happy , they only charge you 9% because they nail you with a one time program fee, a monthly fee ($8), a yearly fee ($75) and the 9% interest!

In the end they risk nothing because your borrowing your own money Smiley Wink

Their program is setup where no matter what, even if you don't pay in the future they lose nothing.

It's like having a secured card that you'll never get your deposit back.

Their new cards are 59.9% because they can no longer load your card with fees that consume  more than 50% of the initial credit limit.

These cards are INSANE. With the amount of ticky tack fees, program fee requirements, and rare increases. One would be much much wiser getting a secured card and rebuilding with their own $$$

Starting Score: TU: ?-- EQ: ?--EX 560 (8-08)
Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)
Goal Score: TU: 750--EQ: 760

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pushto700 wrote:  These cards are INSANE. With the amount of ticky tack fees, program fee requirements, and rare increases. One would be much much wiser getting a secured card and rebuilding with their own $$$

Very good point!

Message 14 of 15
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Pushto700 wrote:  These cards are INSANE. With the amount of ticky tack fees, program fee requirements, and rare increases. One would be much much wiser getting a secured card and rebuilding with their own $$$

Very good point!

When I had very little understanding of  "good credit", I very nearly fell for offers as such not realizing the bind I may end up in owing these people for their ridiculous fees....no offense to anyone who has used them and moved on or are in repair now. It's just the money you pay them for the fees, etc...you could save that same money or add (as some creditors do) on a rolling credit line to increase the limit and see the same (if not better) results....and we would probably be more diligent because we know we are playing with our own cash that we would want back when it (a secured agreement) is said and done.

Starting Score: TU: ?-- EQ: ?--EX 560 (8-08)
Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)
Goal Score: TU: 750--EQ: 760

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.