Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier Bank (LOL)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Premier Bank (LOL)

I just got a "Pre-Approval" in the mail from First Premier and I thought I might as well open it and see just how bad they really are. I always knew they sucked but I just couldn't stop laughing when I saw the terms of the card! APR - 36%, Annual Fee $79, Monthly Service Fee $8 (on top of annual fee!). It even has FTF fee and huge late fees. I just have to say I am so glad I don't have to use a bank like this...

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Premier Bank (LOL)

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got a "Pre-Approval" in the mail from First Premier and I thought I might as well open it and see just how bad they really are. I always knew they sucked but I just couldn't stop laughing when I saw the terms of the card! APR - 36%, Annual Fee $79, Monthly Service Fee $8 (on top of annual fee!). It even has FTF fee and huge late fees. I just have to say I am so glad I don't have to use a bank like this...

The truth is, No one really has to use a bank like this. Now whether they are so desperate for credit that they grin and bear it is their own prerogative, as unwise as it would be.

Message 2 of 13
black_citi
Established Contributor

I got one of these yesturday. It had a date with the trash can.
Make More, Spend Less
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@black_citi wrote:
I got one of these yesturday. It had a date with the trash can.

Oh believe me mine is in there as well... But I just had to see how bad it was before it went out Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

To be honest, I am really interested to see what is the 'best' offer anyone has ever gotten with FP, or Credit One, because even in their kingdom of trash, there seems to be a class system where some people receive better offers than others.
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
To be honest, I am really interested to see what is the 'best' offer anyone has ever gotten with FP, or Credit One, because even in their kingdom of trash, there seems to be a class system where some people receive better offers than others.

Well, apparently Credit One, Merrick bank have different tiers. Of course though, No Credit One tier has a grace period, so it's a moot point.

Message 6 of 13
Cotton_Britches
Frequent Contributor

How is there a monthly fee on top of an annual fee? What the heck does the monthly fee cover, free coffee at Starbucks? lol

“Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
Message 7 of 13
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Smiley Sad

I must not be good enough for them.  They don't send me such excellent offers.  I think I will cry myself to sleep tonight with anguish.

Smiley Tongue

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 8 of 13
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The truth is, No one really has to use a bank like this. Now whether they are so desperate for credit that they grin and bear it is their own prerogative, as unwise as it would be.

I once thought I was that desperate and opened an account with them.  I closed it immediately after I got the card thinking about how foolish it was to spend so much money.  I was not in the best financial position then, but then I later realized how stupid it was to pay so much when that money could go to other things, like food, water, electricity, and clothing.  Buy four pairs of jeans or get a FP credit card?  25 meals at McDonalds?  6 months of electricity at an apartment?  I just had to equate things..... and the equation was I was stupid to get the card.  To each their own I guess.  I decided it was better to save my money and get a secured card! 

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm also curious. Credit One offers a 1% cash back on gas card... is that a higher tier than their regular card? And I've also seen people mention monthly fees, but mine never had monthly fees when I had Credit One.

I'm sure there's some internal heirarchy of suck.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.