Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier Bank credit reporting dates

tag
rsl1313
New Contributor

First Premier Bank credit reporting dates

Hi All,

Does anybody on here know when FPB reports to the CRA's? My due date is on the 11th and my statement date is always on the 13th or 14th. Do they report a couple of days after the statement comes out like Capital One or is it something different? Also, has anyone had problems cancelling this card? I have read posts on other sites that it can be a nightmare....I just need to hang on to this one for a couple more months then I will happily cut them loose...Thanks for all the great posts!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: First Premier Bank credit reporting dates

ttt
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:
ttt

LOL!!! not a very liked card around hereSmiley Happy

You can figure it out by looking at your Credit Karma's credit factors under total accounts it shows report dates for each account.

Message 3 of 10
rsl1313
New Contributor

Hi Gadgetmang,

Thanks for the reply. I know there are a lot of FPB haters out there, and for good reason. I don't like them either, I just needed a 3rd card and it was easy to get...I don't use Credit Karma, I am a myfico subscriber, is Credit Karma expensive? I don't mind paying for both I guess if it helps to get this FPB figured out. I am trying to get 2 cards to report with 0$ balance, and I pay FPB in full before the due date, than the next day they slap their $8 monthly fee on and it shows as an $8 statement balance...frustrating...thanks though for your help

EQ 690 EX 668 TU 677 Nov. 2016

Message 4 of 10
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

With your scores I would've opted for a Cabelas Club Visa or NFCU, even Synchrony before FPB! Just be careful with them!
Message 5 of 10
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

CK is free, just ignore the scores they give. Can you pay extra on the First Premier? I know for Capital one you can pay an extra 10% above the balance, maybe First Premier allows something similar?
Message 6 of 10
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

There is no scenario that you would NEED FPB, CreditOne or any one of these horrible predatory CC companies! Just read their fine print and see all the fees and they ways they try to get you. They love to see you fail so they can charge you more.

I use to have both FPB and CreditOne. I thought they would be starter CCs and was a good idea when getting CCs was hard. I regret getting them now and canceled them as soon as I realized my mistake! I though there was no other CCs I could get but now I know that was not the case.

They are not going to grow have ridiculous fees, high APRs and etc... Not to mention, they are going to sell your personal information to other companies.

I start receiving so many sales calls on my cellphone as soon as I gave them my contact info, on a phone number of 20 years :\

The best thing you can do for your self is to cancel it expeditiously. You are going to do it eventually, so do it sooner then later.

Message 7 of 10
rsl1313
New Contributor

Hi Cybersamp,

I am in the process of getting approved for a mortgage, as soon as that is done I am kicking FPB to the curb. I also have a Capital One secured I am going to cancel as well, better the 3k in my account rather than theirs! I will probably get another Capital One card (I have a Quicksilver One unsecured) and maybe a Discver It or something...I get offers from Discover all the time. I would love to get an Alaska Airlines visa (I work in Alaska) but I think I probably need to wait another 6-12 months. I am 3 years 10 months out of Chap 7 BK and the soonest I have seen anyone get the Alaska Airlines card is 4 years out....I probably need to get my scores to 700 across the board also

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rsl1313

Answer to your original question-  They report on the day your account closes for the month.  The day you see the interest charges or the AF (charged monthly after first year).  The day they send you your e-mail or text stating that your statement available.  That is the day they report.  

I used to have two FirstPremier cards.  I was with FP for nearly four years and never had an issue with them.

I closed my FirstPremier cards (I had two) last week. With zero problems.  I asked them to send me confirmation letters and have received those letters in the mail.  Just follow the advice here and you will be fine.

Message 9 of 10
rsl1313
New Contributor

Hi CaptainJohn,

Thanks for the reply. It's good to hear something other than a complete horror story from FPB. It just irks me that it they slap that monthly fee on the date they report too the CRA's, making it virtually impossible to report with a zero balance. I guess maybe Iwill try a different approach and let that card be the one to have a small balance, and the other 2 Capital One cards report at 0....Thanks again

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.