Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier Bank

tag
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

First Premier Bank

I was wondaring weather i should cancel my First Premier Bank card.  Im getting sick of the $7 monthly fee..  They agreed to help with the $48 anual fee to keep me from canceling, but the monthly fee alone adds up to $84 a year.

Its my oldest card and ive had it for almost 2 years, Since then ive gotten a few other cards which are crappy but still better than this one.  Would you guys advise that i close it or leave it open.  It wont really hurt my utilization since it only has a limit of $200, and i dont usually carry a balance on my other cards

Is there any reason i should hang on to this card, Let me know what yall think

Starting Score: TU 608, Eq 618
Current Score: TU 797 Eq 792, Ex 805 (psecu)
Goal Score: 840 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
DI
Super Contributor

Re: First Premier Bank

@alberty2k wrote:

I was wondaring weather i should cancel my First Premier Bank card.  Im getting sick of the $7 monthly fee..  They agreed to help with the $48 anual fee to keep me from canceling, but the monthly fee alone adds up to $84 a year.

Its my oldest card and ive had it for almost 2 years, Since then ive gotten a few other cards which are crappy but still better than this one.  Would you guys advise that i close it or leave it open.  It wont really hurt my utilization since it only has a limit of $200, and i dont usually carry a balance on my other cards

Is there any reason i should hang on to this card, Let me know what yall think

Are  the other cards you have from a major bank?  If so, there's no reason to keep paying FPB  fees.  The card will still appear on your credit reports for up to 10 years if you do cancel it. 

Message 2 of 6
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

I have 2 Cap One Cards, Orchard bank, and a couple store cards

Starting Score: TU 608, Eq 618
Current Score: TU 797 Eq 792, Ex 805 (psecu)
Goal Score: 840 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great - you are well covered.  Definitely time to close First Premier!

Message 4 of 6
DI
Super Contributor

Keep all those accounts pristine.  Close the First Premier account.  It has served it's purpose already.   

Message 5 of 6
mross1080
Established Contributor

I say get rid of it! First Premier has served its purpose and its time to move on.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.