Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier CL Increase?

tag
Jlu
Established Contributor

Re: First Premier CL Increase?

It was fairly quick. I went from 580's to mid 600's in a little more than a month. PFD usually take a month to update from the date you settle with the creditor. I also disputed everything on my credit report regardless of whether I was truly responsible for it or not - it was a risk - but in my case it paid off. Several creditors were forced to delete after not providing sufficient DV. GECRB also agreed to delete some lates on an American Eagle account which subsequently allowed me to get the Walmart and Amazon GECRB-backed cards.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 21 of 26
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

on tops of that you probably still have to paid like $15 per months and with 36% APR.......that's ridiculous man

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 22 of 26
westo12
Established Contributor

@princechristian wrote:

Yes, I will definitely be following that advice!

I wrote everything is negotionable because of the following:

I read somewhere that FP reps give out credits for higher payments, so I stopped paying in full via automated system a couple months ago and started calling in to reps a couple days before due date, and 'asking' what my balance and minimum payment is as if I didn't know, then telling them I will simply pay the minimum through the automated system to avoid their fee. Surprisingly, the rep offered to waive the fee($11) AND add a $50 credit to my payment if it is $125 or more! For both cards! Did it last month and thought that would be it, but just got off phone with rep after doing it again! Balances on both cards are usually $225-$275 monthly, but I usually always PIF. But these past two months I've been paying $50 less on each card saving $100! Its like I've been given $200 over the past two months, which is great because technically my yearly fees just paid for themselves and more! Lol. Don't know how long it will last though..

Are you serious with this??? lol I'm going to try that in the next couple of weeks!! Smiley Happy

Chap7 discharge 07/2015
Fico 5/1/19: TR:650(73% util)
Cap1(Plat+QS) 3500+4500/Merrick 1600/Express 4100/Overstock 4900.
Message 23 of 26
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

@princechristian wrote:

Was wondering if anyone has had success with CLI with First Premier? I have noticed many who have them with same CL as me($300), but these same people have other cards with $750, $1k, $2k limits!? How is this possible?

I have had them just over 18 months with no late payments ever. Was actually declined CLI 6 months ago with 590s credit score, but then offered another separate card from them 2 months ago with 540s credit score and was approved, so now I have 2 $300 CL First Premier credit cards.

I have 650 and have had them for 3 years. I just started getting cards with high limits, my first being NFCU at 5K. Im ready to axe them but i cant lie, this card helps me to move around credit when i know the statement cuts on this card, I can use it and keep my other cards at a zero balance. Same with my credit one credit card. But its just so ugly compared to my others. Il cancel beginning of next year.

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 24 of 26
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

@princechristian wrote:

Yes, I will definitely be following that advice!

I wrote everything is negotionable because of the following:

I read somewhere that FP reps give out credits for higher payments, so I stopped paying in full via automated system a couple months ago and started calling in to reps a couple days before due date, and 'asking' what my balance and minimum payment is as if I didn't know, then telling them I will simply pay the minimum through the automated system to avoid their fee. Surprisingly, the rep offered to waive the fee($11) AND add a $50 credit to my payment if it is $125 or more! For both cards! Did it last month and thought that would be it, but just got off phone with rep after doing it again! Balances on both cards are usually $225-$275 monthly, but I usually always PIF. But these past two months I've been paying $50 less on each card saving $100! Its like I've been given $200 over the past two months, which is great because technically my yearly fees just paid for themselves and more! Lol. Don't know how long it will last though..

Word? I just gave those suckas 150.00 to zero me out and i could have possible gotten a credit. I will try that next go round

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 25 of 26
princechristian
Regular Contributor

Yes I am serious about this! Just did it yet again Sept 16th although this time was only a $25 credit. Guess they catching on! Lol. But that's 3 months in a row!

Revolvers: FP Gold $300, FP Platinum $300, Applied Bank Business $500, Kay Jewelers $500, Fingerhut $400, Gettington $300

Installers: KHEAA student loan, Dealer Funding LLC auto loan x2, Crescent Bank auto loan, Acceptance Loan Co personal loan x2

Negatives: 1 collection - 2010 $307, Auto lates - 2 30 days, 60 day, 2009 / 3 30 days, 60 day, 2012

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.