Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier CL

tag
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

First Premier CL

i know they usually start cards off between $300-$700 credit limit. Does anyone have a higher limit? Do you see regular increases?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

Re: First Premier CL

1st p is a dirty word in these parts I had one never got a cli for free always an increase fee
Amx BCE-25k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-13.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 2 of 9
Tuxedo77
Contributor

I'm pretty doggone offended. I'm not subprime and these jokers have been relentlessly stuffing my mailbox....grrrrrr.

What a humbling experience Smiley LOL

AMEX: PRG, EDP - Citi: Double Cash WMC - Barclay's: Sallie Mae WMC, RMC - Discover: IT - Chase: Freedom
Message 3 of 9
Tuxedo77
Contributor

@CreditDrama85 wrote:

i know they usually start cards off between $300-$700 credit limit. Does anyone have a higher limit? Do you see regular increases?

Like most of these lower tier cards, they will charge you per increase and do them annually I believe. Credit One is in the same boat and I've heard of a 2K limit with them before.

AMEX: PRG, EDP - Citi: Double Cash WMC - Barclay's: Sallie Mae WMC, RMC - Discover: IT - Chase: Freedom
Message 4 of 9
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

Lol- a dirty word. They dont seem that bad. A $45 annual fee and willing to waive monthly fees. I was just wondering how high their credit limits go. But yes, they are a rebuilder. With a 550 score im not expecting an Amex anytime soon

Message 5 of 9
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

ok just as long as you know its not a keeper card let it do its job then close.  i dont remember for sure i think i had mine upto 450 or 600 before i left them, in my eyes credit one was the lesser of 2 evils even w/ the 0 day grace period on purchases  they gave me 1150 off the bat and thats where it stayed because i wouldn't pay for an increase , i had both 1st p and credit one.

Amx BCE-25k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-13.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 6 of 9
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

You'd be better off opening a secured Cap1 and/or a BoA card. First Premier are rebuilder cards, but they're for suckers who don't know any better. You can rebuild using a $200-$500 secured card without all those FP fee's and even in some cases have it graduate to unsecured with a CLI in 12mths.

IMO, go with a secured card before going with FP or CreditOne.

Good luck,

j_casteel
Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 7 of 9
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

thanks for the feedback 

Message 8 of 9
1_2
Contributor

Ive been rebuilding for almost 3 years. I wanted so badly to buy a home. I got a Capital One secured card first. Then I got a First Premier card. They do have expensive fees but my credit was so bad I didnt have much choice. I needed at least 3-4 trade lines to get my score good enough to buy a home. After I had the card for a year I called and asked for a credit line increase. The lady I spoke to was very nice and asked me how much of an increase I wanted. ( My original limit was 300.00). I told her I'd like $600.00 She then explained the fees to me.$25.00 for each $100.00 increase. I was shocked and thanked her but said never mind. She then asked me if I would be okay with a $500.00 limit if she would wave the fees. I took that. Also, there was no hard pull on any of my reports for the increase.

I realize that all the rebuilder cards are expensive and as soon as I can get a few prime cards I will be cancelling them, but the fact is I wouldn't have been able to buy my home  without them so they have been worth it to me. My house payment is over 100.00 per month cheaper than my rent was and my home is much larger, with half an acre lot and much, much nicer than any apartment I could have ever afforded.

I closed on my home Jan 2013.

Closed on home Jan 30, 2013. Yay!

Capital One (secured) $1000.00 | Capital One (former Orchard Bank) $500.00 | First Premier $500.00 | Credit One Bank $750.00 | Wal-Mart $3550.00 | Citi Thank You Preferred $6,800.00 | Discover It $4,800.00 | AMEX BCE $4,500.00
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.