Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier Card Holders

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Premier Card Holders

How many years have you been with them an what's your CL just curious.
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
creditreformer
Frequent Contributor

Re: First Premier Card Holders

#1- 11 mos. (being fired 8/08), cl= 350
#2- 17 mos. (being fired 1/09), cl= 250

i also have 2 orchards (unsecured, 300 cls).  all of these did their job in helping me 'rebuild,' but they will NOT give me a CLI..and no, i've never been late w/them or overlimit.  since those ccs, i've gotten

target red- 200 cl
cap 1- 600 cl (soon to be 1100)
ba 99/500 cl (when it graduates, it will be a 4 digit CL)
hooters- unknown cl

btw, some have said closing first premiers has made their ficos RISE

Message Edited by creditreformer on 07-03-2008 04:52 PM
Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have one Orchard card i've had it for 6 months now 3 months ago i called for a CLI i was denied because account was to resent. I called back last week an they gave me 100 Dollars so my CL now is $400.
Message 3 of 22
creditreformer
Frequent Contributor

orchard's weird on clis.  idk why they won't give me 1, but i suspect it's b/c i burned hsbc years ago.  i've heard they'll give you ccs again, but blacklist you for clis.  in my experience, that's holding true.  i've had no baddies since 03, never been overlimit or late w/orchard, always PIF, use it heavily, etc.  same w/first premier- idk why i can't get a cli w/them also.  i've called 3x on orchard and just get 'no, not going to happen.'  i'll give them 1 more shot before i cancel in early 09...if they waive the AF or give me a decent CLI, i may keep it open simply for age.  if not, oh well, onward and upward.  they don't love me, so i'm not loyal to them LOL

it will suck to close the subprimes in terms of age...i'm closing #1 fp in 8/08; #2 fp in 12/08; and orchard (i just apped to have them consolidated, so am down to 1) in 2/09.  i'm waiting simply b/c the AFs are already paid and also b/c i'd like to 'make up' the cls i'll lose...hooters and cap 1 will help me do that...and my BA 99/500 will graduate (and i'll get a CLI) right before i close orchard, so i should be ok in terms of not losing any available credit.

supposedly ficos rise for some people after closing fp/orchards, so we'll see.  they did their job and led to better ccs.  i'd kind of like to keep the orchard simply for age, but the AF's high, no clis in 18 mos. is ridiculous, and they don't really seem to care.  Cap 1 was MUCH more friendly about CLI and i've barely had that cc for 2 mos.
Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most likely i'm not gonna use my First Premier of Orchard to much or any credit card to that matter i just wont them there to help build my credit. I'm gonna use them every few months an then PIF.Credit Cards can be your worst enemy they will never get me again like they did in the past i will use them very wisely lol

Message Edited by mjbfan79 on 07-03-2008 06:18 PM
Message 5 of 22
creditreformer
Frequent Contributor

i hear you mjb...i made a lot of mistakes w/ccs the first time around...and it cost me dearly- denied for jobs, denied for ccs, bad ficos, afraid to answer the phone/open mail b/c of collectors, etc.

now i'm a little OCD about it...i pay EARLY, i pay often on some ccs (like cap 1 and BA b/c i run 2-4x the cls/mo. through them showing them I CAN manage higher CLS), i NEVER ever pay interest, i PIF, and if, for some reason, i can't PIF, I pay more than the minimum and make sure i'll have the cash to pay the balance off within 2 mos. of charging.  i keep utilization across ccs low (<5%, but usually it's only about 1%), all due dates are calendared in my blackberry, i set up autopay for at least the minimum, so if i 'forget', at least i'll have made SOME payment, etc.

most of us have made some mistakes in the past...it's not so much what you've done or what got you there, but what you do NOW.  subprimes get a bad name, but they've helped raise my ficos tremendously (nearly 200 pts).

Message 6 of 22
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

mjbfan79 wrote:
How many years have you been with them an what's your CL just curious.

I received my 1st , first premier last August. I hit the luv button in the beginning of June and was issued  a $150 CLI ($250 to $400) I received my 2nd first premier in march of this year ($300)  I'm going to wait until sept to hit the luv button. We'll see. I don't plan on keeping these long term but they are serving their purpose. I have a few other subprimes that are being used only for scoring purposes until I am in a position to qualify for prime cards. I would kill for a Home Depot , Lowes or an IKEA
card. I really love power tools and home decor. LOL

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mskiwi wrote:

I would kill for a Home Depot , Lowes or an IKEA card. I really love power tools and home decor. LOL

It will happen soon or later just keep paying your bills on time.

Message Edited by mjbfan79 on 07-04-2008 07:52 AM
Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

*wonderin shows off her ignorance*

MsKiwi, may respectfully ask what the HECK is a luv button?? I keep reading that here and have NO clue what that means??!!

Does Orchard have one? Since ya'll talk about it lots, I'm assuming it's a GOOD thing and heck! I'd love some (more) "good" tossed my way!! Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wonderin wrote:
*wonderin shows off her ignorance*

MsKiwi, may respectfully ask what the HECK is a luv button?? I keep reading that here and have NO clue what that means??!!

Does Orchard have one? Since ya'll talk about it lots, I'm assuming it's a GOOD thing and heck! I'd love some (more) "good" tossed my way!! Smiley Happy

A "luv button" is just an affectionate term we use for a button or link often found on CC issuers' websites to request a credit limit increase.

The name doesn't have any significance other than the fact that when we click it, we're hoping they'll show us some "luv."

I don't know if Orchard has one.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.