cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier Card... avoid these bottom feeders!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Premier Card... avoid these bottom feeders!!

Who the heck are these idiots at First Premier anyway?

Needing to CONSIDER an extra credit card, I applied on-line for the First Premier VISA card and did not get an instant approval, but received a message saying they would email me with my app status.

A few days went by, and then First Premier verified my employment. Still, no word from them about my approval status... until I was SHOCKED to see it as a new line on my credit reports, and as luck would have it, my scores DROPPED because they only assigned a $250 trade line and they immediately posted a $175 balance for all their predatory fees and garbage.

I still haven't received the card, a welcome letter or even a statement and they had already plastered themselves on my credit files!

It gets worse...

I finally got through to a couple of real MORONS, and I use that word very carefully... MORONS in their customer service area and immediately closed the account. The MORONS then said "we can't report this account closed until the middle of August (30 days from today), nor will we remove the account from your credit files"... They both acted like "you're stuck with us for the next few years until this drops off"...

WRONG!

If I have to move Heaven and Earth, I am going to find the name and phone number to their CEO and have a personal conversation with him about their rather slimy business. And when I'm finished giving this guy a piece of my mind, he WILL remove his stain from my credit reports. I would encourage EVFERYONE to AVOID getting a First Premier card. They're just a half-step above dealing with street thugs and two-bit loan sharks in my opinion.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Premier Card... avoid these bottom feeders!!

The "Goals" listed on the premier webpage - haha.. couldn't be further from the truth. I had this card before, they are terrible... First PREMIER Values • Our CUSTOMERS are our #1 priority and are treated with fairness, consistency and respect. They are the most important ingredient in our business recipe. • Our GOALS for quality, commitment and teamwork will establish us as the financial organization by which our competitors will be measured. • Our VALUES of trust, integrity and reliability will become the benchmark for excellence in the markets we serve. • Our COMMITMENT is to be truly "PREMIER" in service, products and conduct. • Our EXPECTATIONS for performance which include accuracy, efficiency, timeliness, confidentiality, creativity and professionalism will build sound relationships and provide financial success. • Our EMPLOYEES are our most valuable resource. They strive to create an environment of teamwork and pride that reflects our belief in "Service Second to None." • Our COMMUNITY involvement is vital to our success and is demonstrated through financial commitment and staff participation.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I recall correctly, "First Premier Bank" is the super-duper sub-prime division of Citi.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, according to a manager at First Premier, Citibank is not at all affiliated with them. Good for Citibank.

Folks, whatever you do... whatever it takes, avoid applying for this card. Do anything you can to obtain a card from another company. Just don't stoop low enough to become a First Premier customer.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bumping this topic back up... folks, be sure to avoid doing business with First Premier Bank and any of their credit cards. They are extremely arrogant and have no interest in helping you "rebuild" your credit. Their only interest is your money, nothing more.
Message 5 of 12
katsr
Established Member

I made the unfortunate mistake of applying for an FP card. When I received the card with a statement of all the initial fees, I called to cancel. However, an account manager offered to knock $75 off the fees to keep me as "valued customer." I still regret not canceling, but wanted to let folks know there is a bit of leeway.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

How about they are reporting me over the limit and I am not over the limit..I called to confirm this and sure enough I wasn't over but I see that it is reporting an 11% increase in debt on my Equifax report.

Can I call and ask to have an adjustment to the reporting?  I realize I may not get it, but suggestions please.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hearts,
I had a similar situation, (not with FP) and just disputed the CRB's as "wrong balance amount", it was corrected quickly. I would first try calling FP before going to the trouble of a dispute.
Message 8 of 12
demitasse03
Valued Member

Great tip regarding getting First Premier to reduce the initial fees.  I just called them to cancel my new card and was offered a $60 credit since I am a "valued customer". Smiley Happy 

Message Edited by demitasse03 on 07-31-2007 09:03 AM
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE: I went around the First Premier customer service morons and through the internet, found the number to the corporate offices of First Premier Bank. From there, I got transferred to the secretary for Miles Beacom, the credit card division President. I left her a voice mail and sure enough, I received a return call from a manager offering to CLOSE the account immediately, reverse all fees, and REMOVE the item from all of my credit files. The letter arrived yesterday via overnight mail, something the lower-level reps said would "never happen"...

As soon as all the bureaus receive a copy of that letter direct from me and that First Premier trade line is off my report, I will feel much cleaner. Like I've just washed off two days worth of dirt and grime. Those folks are true bottom feeders and I want nothing to do with them.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.