Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier Credit Card

tag
ProudMomof5
Contributor

First Premier Credit Card

I'm trying to rebuild my credit so I can purchase a house next year.  Has anyone had any experience with the First Premier credit card?  Can you tell me your experience?

Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: First Premier Credit Card

Stay away!! Try for a secured card (the fees of FP are equal to a typical minimum deposit), or try the cap one prequal site.

Message 2 of 44
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

Go with a big bank like Wells Fargo, Bank of America and Chase and get a secured card.  Stay away from these devils.

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 3 of 44
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

+100000000

Message 4 of 44
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Do yourself a favor and stay away from FP, and Credit One. Go with Cap1 secured.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 44
doc101
Regular Contributor

What EVER you do, stay away from First Premiere............as others have stated, try someone else instead.......you'll thank us later lol

Starting Score:Equifax 543
Current Score:EQ659 TU 716 EXP677 updated 7/3/2016
Goal Score: 700

Message 6 of 44
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Last famous words when using them.. "I'll pay in full every month..."
What's their APR up to now... 66%??? LOL...

Message 7 of 44
Sweets8E
Frequent Contributor

OMG run for the hills!!!!! Run fast and don't ever look back! I can't say enough how you should stay away from these vultures. Good grief! Take the advice of everyone that posted prior to me. A secured card from a local credit union will do you beautifully. I wish I'd known about NFCU's secured card prior to applying for and obtaining a First Premier card. 55% APR????? Really???? Just run. 

Starting Score: 686 TU / 683 EQ 01/17/2013
Current Score: 703 TU / 691 EQ 10/04/2013 / 688 EX 11/12/2013
Goal Score: 700 across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 44
LS2982
Mega Contributor

In all honesty if you do PIF and use your bank account to pay on it there are no real fees out of the ordinary to deal with.

But most people that can only be approved for those type cards tend to not PIF and get those astronomical APR's applied to their balances.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 44
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

If you think about it, the average FP user doesn't survive past the second statement. The first half of the CL is fees? The latter portion is usually maxed out, and the second statement starts with, "We haven't recieved your payment, just a friendly reminder that we own your soul, and will be there to collect, harrass, annoy, belittle..."

Message 10 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.