Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier...Grrrrrrr

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Premier...Grrrrrrr

I know they are terrible but I got it for my husband to rebuild his credit a year ago and they gave him a 2nd carad. I make payments from my checking account every month for a year.

At the beginning of August, I made an extra payment so they suspended his cards for "Unusual payment activity". I call, they say they need a bank letter stating I authorized the payment. Called the bank, they sent me letter that the account was mine and I can authoroize payments. I faxed the letter, I faxed my bank statement, along with letter they sent him, letter from my bank, letter I wrote and copy of my license for ID purposes. This is over a span of 2 months I've been sending this. I wasn't able to make any payments online, I had to call and make payments over the phone with debit card(from same account mind you). Meanwhile they reported cards to credit bureaus as credit line suspended.

Fast forward to today.

Went to make a payment, and unable to make payment due to status of account. So I log in to his account to see what the issue is and can't even log in now. Husband calls and they say they need a letter, I've sent all that. Also, now we are going to be hit with a late payment and a late on his CR so he asked how he was suppose to make a payment, they said he could use another account. Now it's too late and payment is late.

Has anyone ever encountered this?? What can I do. I've faxed the same crap over and over. 

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Re: First Premier...Grrrrrrr

Wow what a mess they have you in right now. You'll have to talk to them about reversing any late charges and negative marks on your CR since this is pretty much their doing that caused this. Wiser folks than me will have better advice on that I'm sure. Sorry that you have to deal with this cut rate sorry excuse for a bank, the best thing that ever happened to me was cutting ties with them years ago. The best advice I can give is to pay them off when you can, that is if they let you and then close them and burn their cards.
Message 2 of 24
Pway
Valued Contributor

I would close that piece of crap.  You have had them for a year and they have served their purpose.  It's time to move on from them. 

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually didn't serve its purpose yet inn embarrassed to say. My husband doesn't get the concept of keeping limit util low. Went would they give you 500 if you can only use 100. I had to take the cards away lol.
Message 4 of 24
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Smart move taking the cards away, now cut them up, total garbage.
Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

So how do I pay them now? Does he call them tomorrow and ask for payoff amount and have them close them? How do we get the negative mark off his report? It says credit line suspended. Wasn't even his fault. This is a huge mess and I'm sorry for ever getting the cards ARGH!!

Message 6 of 24
creditguy
Valued Contributor

I would not close them until you get this payment situation straightened out. Also you will have to talk to them about removing the late payment since it truly wasn't a late payment. I think you will be in a better position to get that removed as a current account holder as opposed to a former one. They won't do you any favors if you close them first. Once you get everything straightened out and restored by all means pay it off and then close it.
Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot!

Message 8 of 24
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I know they are terrible but I got it for my husband to rebuild his credit a year ago and they gave him a 2nd carad. I make payments from my checking account every month for a year.

At the beginning of August, I made an extra payment so they suspended his cards for "Unusual payment activity". I call, they say they need a bank letter stating I authorized the payment. Called the bank, they sent me letter that the account was mine and I can authoroize payments. I faxed the letter, I faxed my bank statement, along with letter they sent him, letter from my bank, letter I wrote and copy of my license for ID purposes. This is over a span of 2 months I've been sending this. I wasn't able to make any payments online, I had to call and make payments over the phone with debit card(from same account mind you). Meanwhile they reported cards to credit bureaus as credit line suspended.

Fast forward to today.

Went to make a payment, and unable to make payment due to status of account. So I log in to his account to see what the issue is and can't even log in now. Husband calls and they say they need a letter, I've sent all that. Also, now we are going to be hit with a late payment and a late on his CR so he asked how he was suppose to make a payment, they said he could use another account. Now it's too late and payment is late.

Has anyone ever encountered this?? What can I do. I've faxed the same crap over and over. 

Sorry you had to learn the hard way op. This is why loved ones don't let loved ones use First Premier. or Credit One. Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Fast forward to today.

Sorry you had to learn the hard way op. This is why loved ones don't let loved ones use First Premier. or Credit One. Smiley Very Happy

Funny LOL. I didn't have a choice for him. He burned capital one(not purposely) and has a judgement from them, can't even get a secured. Also burned BOA(not purposely), we fell on hard times.

Now trying to get credit up, I have capital one and not sure who to get for him Smiley Frustrated

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.