First Premier.... HELP!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Premier.... HELP!!!!

@drkaje wrote:

@clocktick wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

I would reject the card and dispute the tradeline away...... and make sure they don't try sneaking in one of those fees.

Dispute on what grounds?  OP applied, was approved and received the card.  Contacting FP directly would be the way to go but I don't know if they would do anything but cancel the card.

"Not my account" if OP rejects the offer. It shouldn't be on the report.

FP is known to be one of the predatory CC companies. It is what it is and there's a market for their service. That being said, someone who already has 2 active tradelines can probably get by without the fees and patiently repair their credit.

I believe a lot of us get caught up in the instant gratification of being approved, seeing a "baddie" fall off, or positive score change and we forget that real change takes time. In a lot of cases it was instant gratification and seeking approval that led to needing repair in the first place. Smiley Happy

Credit repair is an odd, frustrating journey. Lacking control over how people see us (credit-wise) and judge our mistakes can be be a strange, humbling experience. In everyday life we can usually just apologize and move on. No one likes begging for electronic forgiveness, LOL!

Disputing an account that is yours by claiming it is not is fraud. Maybe thats how YOU roll, but its not recommended.

Message 21 of 22
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: First Premier.... HELP!!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

@clocktick wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

I would reject the card and dispute the tradeline away...... and make sure they don't try sneaking in one of those fees.

Dispute on what grounds?  OP applied, was approved and received the card.  Contacting FP directly would be the way to go but I don't know if they would do anything but cancel the card.

"Not my account" if OP rejects the offer. It shouldn't be on the report.

FP is known to be one of the predatory CC companies. It is what it is and there's a market for their service. That being said, someone who already has 2 active tradelines can probably get by without the fees and patiently repair their credit.

I believe a lot of us get caught up in the instant gratification of being approved, seeing a "baddie" fall off, or positive score change and we forget that real change takes time. In a lot of cases it was instant gratification and seeking approval that led to needing repair in the first place. Smiley Happy

Credit repair is an odd, frustrating journey. Lacking control over how people see us (credit-wise) and judge our mistakes can be be a strange, humbling experience. In everyday life we can usually just apologize and move on. No one likes begging for electronic forgiveness, LOL!

Disputing an account that is yours by claiming it is not is fraud. Maybe thats how YOU roll, but its not recommended.

It seems my post was unclear. Sorry.

If OP does not accept the terms, they have no contract and there isn't an account. I would never suggest disputing something that is accurate. They account may not even show up if the offer is declined.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.