Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier/Orchard Bank CL Limits

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Premier/Orchard Bank CL Limits

Hello everyone i was wondering if anyone knew what was highest CL you could get with First premier and Orchard bank. I know they are "rebuilder" cards but im curious as to the maximum CL you are allowed. Thank you for your insight.Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Premier/Orchard Bank CL Limits

The highest Orchard would take me was $750 even after my credit was perfect, 800 plus FICO and no derogs whatsoever.  I don't think I have every heard of anything much higher than $800...maybe $1k.

The problem with "builder cards" is that they don't want high CL's.  If they lend money, they like it to be a little bit to a lot of people....to gain the AF's, interest and not have any high exposure to large losses in a single account.

You can pretty much count on the $200-500 range with sometimes getting them to $750-800.  But that is basically hitting the ceiling or very close to it.

Message 2 of 6
keithc
Regular Contributor

you really need to dump those cards if your score is good!! max on cli's is 200 and you have to pay 25 to get the inc. i have got age on my accts w/1st premier and i am going to drop it like a hot potato in the next 60 days!! these are really rip off cards!!
Message 3 of 6
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

I've had my Orchard bank card for almost 3 years now. It started at $750 and a year later was automatically increased to $950. It has remained there ever since. I had really bad scores when I got the card (low 500's) and have better scores now (still not great). The interest rate has stayed the same 14.99 as well as the AF $39. Overall, its been a decent card and has helped in rebuilding. I can't really complain much.
A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
7/6/2009 Equ 664 TU 680 (15 and 19 point jump respectively this week, over 100 point increase in 6 months)
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had/have (actually just cancelled it recently and they still haven't reported it as closed yet) an orchard card with $1100 CL last couple of CLI and AF I had waived, however I recently called to cancel the card and the best they offered me was 1/2 of the AF and a long schpeal about how they report to all 3 bureaus and most other cards don't do that (not true), blah, blah. So, they may not be as generous with waiving as they used to be.

I had a FP card that I probably didn't need but got it well before ever finding this site and thought they would be the only ones to approve me. I got the limit up to $725 or 750, can't remember. For some reason every time I did get a CLI from them I always got an extra $25 or 50 more than the CL that was promised. It was strange, but happened more than once so it was not a fluke.

Message Edited by UpUpUp on 04-27-2009 12:22 PM
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've closed them but started with 750 and they gave unsolicited clis bringing me to 1300.  other than the a/f they are better than HSBC
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.