Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier Reporting Equifax

tag
CharlieBrown83
Established Member

First Premier Reporting Equifax

I have an old First Premier credit card, it was my first credit card from 11 years ago.  I keep it open just for the longevity and account age.  I had it and another one from them (ugh) as my only credit cards for 8 years.  My next oldest card is 4 years old as I did not know much about cards and what was really available to me.  

That being said, a year ago I had a balance of $295 on my $300 credit card.  Since then I have had a zero balance (and always prepay my card so there is often a credit balance to cover the monthly fee).  

Eexperian and TransUnion have the account reporting properly however Equifax is reporting the card with no payments posting for a year and my balance has not updated with Equifax for this account either and it is negatively effecting my Equifax score (Equifax FICO is currently 93 points lower than Experian).  

I have tried calling and writing to First Premier about this and they advise that they are reporting correctly to Equifax.  I escalated again and again and get nowhere. 

I also disputed with Equifax three times now and even sent copies of my statements and they just come back after 30 days and come back saying they verified the information as correct.

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: First Premier Reporting Equifax

Let it report a $1.00 balance and see if this updates it all for you.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.