cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier Sent Me An Email (For 2nd Card)

tag
jbh
Established Contributor

First Premier Sent Me An Email (For 2nd Card)

Based on my past 10 months, I've paid on time/etc. They said I am pre-approved if I confirm info. From your experience, would this be just another $300 toy card or do they have a track record of assigning higher limits with 2nd cards?

I have yet to take the offer, obviously.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

Re: First Premier Sent Me An Email (For 2nd Card)

jbh wrote:
Based on my past 10 months, I've paid on time/etc. They said I am pre-approved if I confirm info. From your experience, would this be just another $300 toy card or do they have a track record of assigning higher limits with 2nd cards?

I have yet to take the offer, obviously.

another $300 card I'm afraid. I did receive a $150 CLI on my first card with them. I received the 2nd offer but only got a $300 card. I'll hit the luv button on the 2nd card next month when I have 6 months on it. It's not much but it depends where you are at rebuilding if you want it or not. They will not combine the cards and cli's.
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's def. another $300 card.  If you are getting the preapproval for the 2nd card from 1st Premier, in my opinion that's a good indication that you don't need them anymore!
Message 3 of 13
jbh
Established Contributor

Thanks, guys. According to my TU simulator and EQ simulator (Scorewatch), if they actually report (along with Orchard) than my scores will both be over 650+ all things =.

I will certainly tell them to bugger off unless they'd allow me to combine them. I wouldn't mind that, terribly, as I'd keep the age of the old one and the util would technically improve a bit.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

They won't allow you to combine and that card will come along with another $178 in fees.  If you already have one 1stP and an Orchard, I'd hold off a few months and then try for maybe a Hooters or something.  Do you have Target yet?  If you are just looking for another card, and you don't have any store cards in the mix, that might be a good one to try. Was relatively easy to get in, just don't expect it to grow, as you may get one CLI to $500 and then sit fo rlife, unless you are one of the few that eventually gets picked to convert to the Target Visa.
Message 5 of 13
jbh
Established Contributor

Thanks for the heads up. I guess I'll just ignore it, then.

I would try for Hooters but I know my TU needs to go up further if they will give me a shot. Since I have low inq's, I might just pay off my last 2 small collections (from 2003/4) and grow my score naturally for 4-6 months and wait til I am:

Low Util
Mid 600's

and just go for citi/delta skymiles.

As for a store card, I am not sure if I need one now. To me, just having 1 and then 2, over time, good cards is all i can ask for.
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well a "store card" helps your creidt mix, thus helping your credit score, which is why I asked. Target is typically an easy approval and from what I have seen, doesn't seem to shut you off for non-use very easily. 

If you have 2 old colllections you can pay on, def. offer a pay for DELETE before giving them a dime. Put it in writing and if they accept, that will help you too. It doesn't help your scores to have them simply marked as "Paid", they need to be gone. Though if they are factored into your utilization, you may gain a few points from low util if you pay them off. However, I would not pay a dime until you try PFD first.
Message 7 of 13
jbh
Established Contributor

Thanks. Actually, I am happy to pay them. ONe I disputed only because they said I paid $135 in an installment payment (on my EX report, which I clearly did not) and the other is legit. See, I don't mind paying them in case of a manual review and because of karma Smiley Wink

That said, I did overlook the importance of MIX and was worried that another low limit card would hurt my report. I will certainly look into it, thank you!

PS. Another reason I want to pay them off, being in New York State (assuming this info is valid in my case:

"NYS General Business Law Article 25, Section 380-j (f)(1)(iv):
§ 380-j:

(iv) accounts placed for collection or charged to profit and loss which antedate the report by more than seven years; *** or accounts placed for collection or charged to profit and loss, which have been paid and which antedate the report by more than five years ***
"

(that's just part of it)

In short, they are 5+ years old as of next year, which is all I can ask for. I want to see IF it will apply to my ca's.
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not saying to not pay, I think you should pay, but offer to pay them in exchange for them deleting from your reports. Some CA's will gladly do this, especially if they are old debts, past the SOL. In manual review it will look much better if they don't exist at all.  Smiley Wink

I'm in NY too, but not sure I am following what you posted above.  What are you trying to achieve?  Where these business debts?  I'm confused.

Edit: Oh, I think I got ya, since you are in NY you are hoping that if you pay them, they will fall off in 5 years.  I think that would be something you'd have to duke out with the CRA, they won't auto delete for that on their own. They are pretty stringent with the 7-71/2 years deal... In my opinion it would be easier to try to PFD with the CA and see where you get. In the rebuilding forum, there are sample letters and it's very easy.

Message Edited by UpUpUp on 08-13-2008 03:08 PM
Message 9 of 13
jbh
Established Contributor

Doesn't hurt to try Smiley Wink

That said, I know for a FACT that they won't do PFD, sadly. It's confirmed. Hopefully the bastards just get lazy and have it deleted, anyway.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.