Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier Shenanigans?

tag
matolen
Contributor

First Premier Shenanigans?

I have had a First Premier Aventium card for over a year now.  No problems, low usage, etc...  I even got a CLI.  This week I accessed my account to pay my bill see that my available credit was zero.  I called to ask what the problem was and was told that someone using a suspiciously similar address to mine tried to open an account and they needed proof of address and SS#.   I promptly provided such information.  Currently the account is still not unfrozen (though they gladly processed my monthly payment).

Now, on the onehand I can appreciate taking security steps but I got to thinking:  I live in NYS.  First Premier doesn't even allow applications in NYS.  I can't help wondering if something else is going on...

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Premier Shenanigans?

@matolen wrote:

I have had a First Premier Aventium card for over a year now.  No problems, low usage, etc...  I even got a CLI.  This week I accessed my account to pay my bill see that my available credit was zero.  I called to ask what the problem was and was told that someone using a suspiciously similar address to mine tried to open an account and they needed proof of address and SS#.   I promptly provided such information.  Currently the account is still not unfrozen (though they gladly processed my monthly payment).

Now, on the onehand I can appreciate taking security steps but I got to thinking:  I live in NYS.  First Premier doesn't even allow applications in NYS.  I can't help wondering if something else is going on...

This is a great opportunity to close this fee harvester of a card.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@matolen wrote:

+ 1

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@matolen wrote:

+1. Truer words were never spoken.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had this card early in my post BK7 recovery and I promise this wont be the last time they take your payment but dont let you have your available credit. I could not deal with it so I closed it even though I had only one other credit card (cap one with a 750 limit) at that time. How can you use a card that doesnt let you schedule auto pays to your utilities because you dont know if the credit will be available. I used to pay my payments online and they still took 10 days to process. Close that bad boy.

Message 5 of 9
matolen
Contributor

Well I will say, for what its worth they do process my payments in under 24hrs (but, hey they are taking my money so no big surprise there)!  I called today to verify that my information was received and to see if there was any update.  I was told that the info was received and forwarded to the proper people.  No info on who or timeline for reinstatement.

I would be fine closing this account as you say.  I would like to get my partial security back (I think it was $95?)  but I can only imagine the rigamorale involved in that.

Message 6 of 9
matolen
Contributor

Interesting...within about 30 minutes of my follow-up call, my account was fully reinstated...  I think they have been peeking in to this thread?  lol

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@matolen wrote:

Interesting...within about 30 minutes of my follow-up call, my account was fully reinstated...  I think they have been peeking in to this thread?  lol

I wouldn't give them THAT much credit.

They can't charge interest and monthly fees if they don't let you use the card, right? Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 9
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@matolen wrote:

I wouldn't give them THAT much credit.

They can't charge interest and monthly fees if they don't let you use the card, right? Smiley Happy

thats where the fees come from!

CONSPIRACY THEORY

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.