Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier - What a joke

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Premier - What a joke

So I got one of those "you're preapproved" offers in the mail yesterday.  The excellent terms consisted of a giant credit limit of $400.00, a tiny AF of $99 and an exceptional apr of 36%.  Needless to say, it got ripped up, cut up and thrown in the trash.  Those of you that have a long established credit history, do you ever stop recieving offers from these subprime lenders?  

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: First Premier - What a joke

actually first premier is one of the nicer offers I have recieved, lately I have been getting personal loan offers with the low low low APR of 240%, guess i'm getting flagged because I had a couple cards with over 80% UTL, though my overall UTL was not over 30%. Which is being paid down, now no cards over 80% and down to 24% UTL reporting. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 2 of 8
waters
Regular Contributor

They will waive the AF if you ask, and rate isn't a big deal if you pay in full. That card helped me build credit.

Still have it in SD and will continue to have it as long as they continue to waive the AF
6/2014; EX:621 EQ:627 TU:640
Cards: Capital One WORLD MC (QS): $7500 | Chase Freedom $3500
Sock: Merrick Bank $600 | Barclaycard $1250 | Sportsman's guide visa $2500

Message 3 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Those of you that have a long established credit history, do you ever stop recieving offers from these subprime lenders?  

I don't receive any but YMMV.  I'm not interested in offers anyway. If I need/want a card I'll find it.  I don't need somone to market one to me,

Message 4 of 8
Blodreina
Established Contributor

I've never seen an APR that high lol.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the same offer of $400 and a $99 fee. No mention of interest though. I also received an offer for Discover It but I think it may just be a promotional thing. Not ready to pull the trigger on that one and definitely not pulling trigger on First Premier.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I got the same offer of $400 and a $99 fee. No mention of interest though. I also received an offer for Discover It but I think it may just be a promotional thing. Not ready to pull the trigger on that one and definitely not pulling trigger on First Premier.

I got the 750/175 offer. Yuck. In the shredder!

Message 7 of 8
JustinS
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I got one of those "you're preapproved" offers in the mail yesterday.  The excellent terms consisted of a giant credit limit of $400.00, a tiny AF of $99 and an exceptional apr of 36%.  Needless to say, it got ripped up, cut up and thrown in the trash.  Those of you that have a long established credit history, do you ever stop recieving offers from these subprime lenders?  

I get those usually mostly via email - sometimes snail mail too - but also credit one regularly. I obviously just toss them anymore. I won't say "established credit" defines me yet (solid 3yrs after having done rebuilding for awhile to get rid of any and all derogs now) however I don't doubt I will always see first premier offers since I had them for a year while rebuilding to get my credit rebounding - the extra positive TL definitely did help some for awhile.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.